Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Goa is many things to many people, to me my love of the Trance scene was what got me interested, I visited first time in 1999 after a couple of months touring North India and fell in love. My next visit was in 2001 for 3 months after untold personal issues and needing to get away from things, the place became almost spiritual to me and the way of life helped me on the way to recovery :) so for that alone I am so pleased to have visited this great place :wink:
feelthevibe, we were there in 1999, again, for the parties. I wonder if we went so some of the same ones;Bamboo Forest, spaghetti beach etc.

Fell in love with Goa and then the parties seemed to take the back seat. Just scooting around on the scooter in the hot summer sun was like being so free.....wonderful memories :D
I could never tell anyone what it is about goa for me I just love the place I am always looking forward to going back and can honestly say I think about goa every single day of my life ......I love it I love it I love it :sun :sun :sun
Colleen I couldnt have summed Goa up better myself ... so very true fantastic :D
Haddojetty, we probably did cross paths at some of the parties in 1999, I stayed at the Hilltop then and went to the Banyan tree, Disco Valley, Dolce vite to name a few :wink:
I have so many happy memories of Goa, February 1st I will be heading out on my 12th trip and cant wait. Sure it has changed over the years but its still magic. That first walk down to the beach, sitting at Zappas watching the sun go down, sipping a cocktail bliss.
ah yes, feelthevibe, sipping juices at the Primrose Cafe.....lasagne and pizza in Chapora......frantically scooting around at 2am trying to locate the party :lol:
Goa has everything fantastic beaches,great wildlife/birdlife/,historical sites,mad but fun markets, wonderful food and the Goan's make fanatstic hosts
yes this is more like it!! the negative ones were starting to depress me!!!!

cant wait till 10th March!!!!!

sunsets, 2 for 1 cocktails, happy smiles, great weather and an abundance of super food!!!! :lol: :lol:
just returned from 3 weeks in a 5* hotel in Langkawi Malaysia, first year in 11 we havent been to Goa The scenery extremely beautiful, the beaches stunning the water calm and clear. But hey it had no 'soul' for us no magic which Goa still has even after all those visits. Iits Goa again next year
Nowhere else has the magic of Goa, smiling people - no-body does stress. Everyday is an adventure it never ever turns out the way you plan always better. The holiday makers are also the friendliest bunch you could meet. Sit at the Rock Cafe - under the Plaintin leaf - watch the world go by and before u know it everybody is chatting away - new friends made.!! Prices have gone up in Calangute especially the taxis but most people take auto rickshaw for local journeys or local buses 8 rupees to Panjim then take auto rickshaw back. Hotel Fidalgo 18th June Road is a great hotel with 8 really top class restaurants - very reasonable. also coffee bar - free papers and swimming pool. If you are looking for shopping Vishal Supermarket is new and very modern sells everything from food, household stuff, gifts, ladies, gents and kids clothes bags and shoes all at fixed local prices. All locals use it no-one buys in Calangute now.Another great place is The My Dollar supermarket, everything in there
is 99 R well worth a visit. Huge revlon shampoo , garnier creams etc all
99r. Even 5 cans coke or pepsi for 99. Also great for gifts but best of all no hassle. Innoxa Cinema Complex ( no not sad but usualy stay for 3 - 4 months} is absolutely spotless that includes toilets. Tip: take a cardi the AC is fierce. Panjim and Mapusa markets are so much better than Anjuna or Ingos great to see but just tourist rip offs now. The shacks and beaches are still wonderful and the sunets are to die for. We have met so many people who have sold their main house in the uk and have downsized so that they can spend 6 winter months there and just a very small base back home. So that is how much some people love it.
Everybody enjoy
Going back on 28th Jan till April 9th hope to meet up with some of you then.
Bye

o meet up with some of you then
i havent a clue where that is, how far is it from csm??
but colleen if you go let me know what its like!!! it sounds great, especially the no hassle bit!!! i will spend 10 times as much!!
jane :lol:
goa is a lot about what you make it! you will have to appreciate the lovely friendly people, forget about the air port! just take in the smells they are wonderful. the shopping is very easy on the pocket especially if you are on the ball with your bartering, do try to remember though these guys have to make a living!
the food is good, in fact i'd love to have a beach shack in the main street of plymouth! the climate is wonderful, and you can have fun with the beach traders and still not buy anything. even the taxis are cheap.
cheap specs, cheap dental treatment,cheap everything really.
local friends will be made by everyone who goes to goa, thats the way it is.
when we first went there and people told us they had been there 12 times, i could n't help thinking how sad they were! but now as our 6th visit is in just one week is about to happen, i can only say, we are a sad couple, "THANKFULLY".
9 days and i'll have a "KINGS" in my hand BOB
When I am in Goa, which, lucky for me is most of the time, my heart sings. I can be who I am without anyone calling the men in white coats. Its okay to smile at everyone you meet and they wont cross to the other side of the road. Its okay to be happy, and why wouldn't we be when we are in paradise. I couldnt live anywhere else.
That's a difficult one. We were first timers to Goa at Christmas and it took a while to get it, but boy, have we got it! There is something very special about Goa, one of the things for us is that it is so easy and laid-back.

The people are friendly and welcoming (not the 'Look at my stall madam' welcome), very accommodating and remember you.

We stayed in a big hotel complex and after the second day they remembered what room we were in and automatically gave us the key. Neil at the Elephant Shop remembered me the second time I went in to exchange money. It's little things like that that hit home.

Sitting in a beach shack for an hour or a week - no rush to move you on even if you've only had a couple of drinks. If you are a regular they remember what drinks you ordered from the time before.

All types of people from young to old, first-timers to regulars, fat to thin, rich and not-so-rich. We saw a guy in Union Jack shorts with white socks and sandals talking to a very smart-looking couple in a bar. Everything and everyone gels together.

Yep, something very special out there.
I love the beaches the chilled out atmosphere, the people and prices.

I'd had probably the worst 4 months of my life before going away. I lost about 1 stone through stress etc. Went to goa.. on my return i'd put nearly all the weight back on (a good thing when your a slim as me) and felt completely rejuvenated and relaxed. Goa is a magical place where I really felt FREE.

If you can ride a bike or moped i'd suggest it (obviously be careful) you'll see some amazing sites you'll never forget.
i have only been twice to goa and am going feb for the third time and cant say why i love it so much but at the same time i can! the people,the sun,the laidback way of life,the food....! i spend the whole time with a smile on my face.maybe we have been lucky(?) but we never met one bad person there who tried to rip us off-just the opposite.and i love the hustle bustle of calangute where once you have said hello to someone they remember the next day and say hello first.we have to been to quite a few places abroad and after 2 weeks even though we have had a great time its nice to go home but goa is quite different - we are planning when we can come back! our sons call me a goa nut because i am always telling them its the best place to go(and because i am always on this site!)maybe i should get out more! we still have other hols in between but goa is my fav.i cant wait till i am able to go for 3 months instead of just two measly weeks.
:D Why do we love Goa

It's one of the few places where you can truly be yourself
Fantastic food
Beautiful scenery
Great people
Can't wait until I live there!!! Say no more :D
pudd.where is the vishal supermarket and my dollar supermarket too. this will be our 3 rd visit and looking for different gifts,as we seem to have bought all the usual stuff on offer in calangute :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.