Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi OAP

There are lots of good bars in Candolim and the Pheonix Park is situated in a good spot for most of them. I would recommend the Countryside Inn above the Taste of China restaurant, there are a lot of Brits use this bar, they have a quiz on a Wednesday night, the rest of the time is background music, but you can guarantee that you end up making friends with other couples. Ruffles bar has entertainment on most nights, but does shut early compared with some of the other bars. For your special meal I would recommend either the Mermaid or the Sunset Bistro (both in Candolim opposite the Whispering Palms) the setting of the Bristro is really very nice for a special occasion.

Have a wonderful holiday

DebnPete
The only Bharat Bar I know is in Baga. It's a bit like the bar in Star Wars! Great craic but some people who start drinking very early and finish late!!
There's a Tibetan/Chinese looking guy works there who's great fun.

If it's the same Bharat Bar, it's the antithesis of where you should go for a romantic night!! Loud, noisy, boisterous but very social!
goa
Hi Roma- probably enjoy Bharat bar one night when we are all p****d
Thats the spirit OAP!
Thats the way to enjoy the Bharat Bar.
That's when we go - maybe see you there but I guess neither of us will remember it!!
There is a very good resturant called the Spice Garden, expensive, and slow service but very good.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.