Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
Thanks for the judo info - I would love my little boy to try the judo! It takes quite a lot of persuasion to get him to the kids club though (he is also very shy - until he gets to know someone!), so I doubt I will be able to get him to the judo but I will try. The kids in 3/5 yrs club watched a video at 1pm and 9.30pm in the "lykie cinema" and sometimes I wld take my son just to watch a video in there in the day and I would end up watching it to as the aircon in there was soooo cool (esp when heatwave hit). During the day the places they did the activites did have shade, but I admit I did sometimes go and slap some more sunscreen on.

We used to go to the Marina at about 7.30 and have a very very leisurely meal, usually leaving there at about 9.30 (for the show), or sometimes after. Didn't feel any pressure to eat up and go, although ellie-meg is right about the hoovering waiters lol. We met some friends there and had to get to the Marina early to get a table for all of us, but managed to get one even if we had to wait 5 or 10 mins. If there are just one family should be okay to get a table more or less right away. Even when the sign outside said "tables full". We found the white wine very palatable and wouldn't have minded taking one back to our room but the bottle arrives with no lid so not very practical to transport. Sometimes though a couple of lids "magically" appeared on the table .... ;)

The only time we felt any pressure to leave the Marina was one lunchtime when my family and friends were waiting at the Marina (with a bottle of wine) for me to land after jumping off a mountain (!) The waiters were still smiling and laughing while rolling back the sunshade canopies.

I love this thread - everyone is so helpful, esp bridd and ellie-meg - and reading about it gets me even more excited about going!

thanks everyone - anice
ive just had some information sent to me and its saying this season they have had some changes, mandarin (chinese) and la luna (italian) restaurants have undergone a redesign and they have a new vino and gusto wine bar in a perfect location to sample fine wine and canapes at sunset sounds very romantic lol. also the entertainment has been expanded with new activities such as walking on the lycian way, family golf courses and cooking classes with market visits, i would have loved to have done the cooking classes, sounds like all postive things.

and i was also offered a repeaters discount so for all you going this year if you want to return next year if you book early direct they offer discount

karen
How much should we tip the man who takes our luggage to our rooms? And the airport taxi transfer, do you tip them if so how much?

Karen, will there be a charge for the new wine bar with canapes or is that included? I'm guessing it is prob charged for as it's not a restaurant?

You know I'm worried about going now as I don't think I'm going to want to come back lol! The 2 weeks will go so fast.......... :(
it doesnt say if its included or not so not sure. you will love it we did and will go back some day, nearly went this year but decided to try aegean dream instead hope i havent made a mistake lykia was about £500 more for the 3 of us for 2 weeks
kirsty make sure you go to the lagoon its so lovely, we love suara beach part of the lagoon, from lykia a taxi is about £5 each way, sadly the free mini bus to saura beach isnt allowed to collect from lykia ,but its definitely worth a visit so scenic.olu deniz is only about 2 miles from lykia and is lovely, theres loads too of shops, bars, restaurants in olu deniz and hisaronu which is another 2 miles further from lykia up a hill from olu deniz, you can get a dolmus from olu to hisaronu really cheap, but dolmuses dont run to and from lykia
hi, do the rooms have kettles in them?
although likia world is a great place to stay i would say you must venture out and explore the local area for beauty and history its fantastic i have an informative down load on my website about some of the features of this great country in this area :sun2
when we were there they didnt have any kettles i remember my friend texting me and asking me to bring 1 for her they arrived a few days before us. not sure if they do now
No kettle in our room last year. I bought one from Argos that had two cups and spoons with it, and took that.
5 weeks today for us! MacJohnson will you be there for 2 weeks? if so you will still be there when we arrive! :sun2
Yep - two whole weeks. Can't wait. You've been before haven't you Twinkletoes?
I've picked up the new First Choice & Thomas Cook brochures for 2009. Checked the websites though and the prices for next year are absolutely horrific for Lykia!
Hi MacJohnson, No I haven't been to Lykia before I'm afraid....can't wait now though! Just worrying about our flight with XL as they have so many bad reviews. we are flying from Manchester, where are you flying from and who with? Are you taking kids with you to Lykia?
Hello. Have the rooms got fridges?
They have mini bars which are fridges, but they are stocked each day with drinks, chocolate etc. We normally have ours emptied at check in so we can use it for water etc.
Fab and thankyou for taking the time to answer all my questions. I do really appreciate all the advice. I'm still undecided on how much of what currency to take. So many people say different things. Maybe I'll take some of all three - sterling/euro/turkish lira.??.... And I have no idea at all what sort of room we'll get. I assume that as our 13 year old was classed and charged as an adult we'll get a room to sleep 3 adults and one child. Is bottled water free? Only five weeks to go .....
Water at mealtimes and from the dispenser in the bars is free. Bottles of water need to be paid for.
lykia take most currency we paid in sterling every few days to keep our tab down, most things in lykia are priced in euro , same goes for olu deniz, hisaronu etc you can use any currency
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.