Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
MALDIVES-Q&As
247 Posts
I am looking at booking for next year for 2 adults, which hotel/ resort would you say was good, would prefer all inc but am open to half board.
What time of year is best?
this is the age old question and will depend on what you want - we have been 3 times always AI from the largest Sun Island with around 700 rooms and lots to do, to Club faru 150 , near the capital, small and some entertainment to Biyahdoo 76 rooms and a very simple quiet mainly diving island and people watching being the main entertainment at night. None of these are the luxurious types ie your are not pampered hand and foot, so as I said it will depend on what you want , the more facilities the higher the price.
As to time of the year Oct to Mar is meant to be the driest and most expensive, whereas April to Sept is the rainy season but the cheapest. We have been every year in May to June for the last 3 years each time under £1000 per person AI and the weather has been good. This year we had 2 afternoons and one evening of rain in the 14 days we were there. The rain is normally short sharp bursts but it is still warm and dries quickly. To be truthfully we have had friends who have gone in the high (dry)season and had worst weather than us. Its a risk we are prepared to take
hope this helps
sg
Oct 07 £995 per person 2 weeks AI in a water bungalow at Hakura - been last year and booked the day we came back!
Sorry if these points have already been covered. I'm finally off to Embudu (my 1st visit to the Maldives) on the 9th Dec and am a bit clueless!

What plug adapter will I need to take?? And should I just take some US $ for tipping plus a credit card for dives? Lastly, will my luggage arrive at the same time as me, or is it advisable to take a few bits in my hand luggage? Many Thanks, Cejay
Hi all, i have not been on here for ages but me and my wife are going back to the Maldives in 4 weeks! Flying out on new years eve! Does anyone know if December is a good time to go weather wise? This is supposed to be prime season yet i have checked the weather forecast and it's raining :cry: We went last July last year expecting rain and only had it at night.
Going to the maldives at the end of March for the first time and have booked Lily Beach. Any info on the island would be good, do's/ dont's, dress codes, good/ bad accommodation etc. Our package also includes a 1/2 day visit to a local fishing island, is it worth us taking anything for the children on the Island or do you not get to meet anyone?
TIA
gc
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.