Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Matt who is the Tour Operator and who is the Travel agent?

If there is any other accommodation available to you (you have your flights so thats ok) then you may be charged an amendment fee per person of £20 for example. As them about any alternative accommodation.
:cry:

Matt

Not that it helps you, but I have found myself in the same situation, only I am travelling alone with a young child. Holiday cost me £750 for a 4* hotel, which I now find is absolute crap and a nightmare if you have kids. If you find a solution, please let me know.

nex
Sorry folks but I have to say this. Why ON EARTH do people book a holiday THEN research the destination/accommodation only to find that there are bad reviews.

Forums like this and others exist to help you make a selection and guage opinions of those in the know. Why not look here before you book ?

However, I do sympathise with you and I hope you can get the accommodation changed and have a good holiday afterall.
Hi Nex and welcome to HT!

As Glynis says, you should be able to change your hotel to one with the same operator for an amendment fee. The details should in the T&C's at the back of the brochure.

HTH

luci :wave
Hi Luci

Thanks for the advice, I did manage to speak to the tour operator the other day, who was very unhelpful. She told me that there was nothing else available, without having to pay even more money, ie another £200 pp.

Am going to have to hope for the best and complain like crazy if it's not up to scratch.

I take the point of researching before one books, however, I booked a 4* in the hope that it would live up to it's star rating. How wrong can someone be!

Now I know why I have always avoided package holidays, there is a lot to be said for doing it yourself!

Nex
we booked a holiday 3 weeks ago, only to change our minds the next day! we went to the travel agents and were told we could change our holiday ,hotel and destination if we wanted but we would have to pay an ammendment fee of £25 per person.On doing this we would also have to stay with the same tour operator! After much searching we payed £100 and changed our holiday too corfu.The reviews are fantastic and i did do my research on the hotel before re booking.
i dont know if this helps , but how long is it before you travel?
what tour operator did you book with? we booked with airtours , and then booked again with airtours prestige ! i hope this helps you!
Hi Mattlord

There are two lots of Maria Apartments. One is right by the beach, the other is a little farther in and was part of the Hawaii Complex. The one that was part of the Hawaii complex is brilliant and the bar and pool are run by friends of ours. If you have booked with JMC or Sunset then these are the best apartments.

Hope this helps

Caroline
Have you tried to ring the travel agents up and told them of the web sites and such that are saying all the bad things about the hotel
Im sure a good travel agent would not want to be part of what maybe a holiday from hell as they would also get the bad advertisment it brings
so maybe they can do somthing about it for free before you get there
sharon
http://www.justcorfu.co.uk/z_sidari_maria.asp

check out this link if they are the same it may put your mind at rest. we have been going to corfu for the last four years, friends of ours the last 14 years and neither of us have heard about sewage being pumped into the seas etc
this sight may be of some use to you

shame if a few bad reviews spoils your enjoyment of corfu it is an absolutely wonderful island.... i think of it as home

roelle
:)
The link above is re the Maria apartments which are at the Canal d'amour, the Marias is the down at the beach. There have been some bad reviews however can't quite find the site but I did see 1 from someone who had had a great time and the review was quite good, good luck in changing if you don't manage to maybe you'll be surprised and it not as bad as you imagine, fingers crossed you have a great holiday!
Me and my family stayed here 2 years ago.It was aholiday from hell.Our apartment number 13 was like a cupboard and the smell was terrible.In the end we got an early flight and came home.Thanks to me taking a camcorder and sending the film to first choice we did get some money back.
:?

I would just like to know if anyone has been to Marias Apartments before. Are they ok? I have found bad reviews after booking on saturday so don't know if to call travel agent tommorow and change accomodation or not.

Please help, wished I'd never read reviews after booking now! Boo hoo!

Thanks

Amy
Hi Amy ... there seems to be some confusion earlier in this thread between Maria Apartments and Marias Apartments.

To read our reviews of Marias Apartments, please click here.

Some of those reviews are more up to date than the earlier comments in this thread.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.