Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi, went in october last year 12- 26th, the weather was lovely, one day it was raining and thunder/lightning but the rest of the time it was very nice, it was actually getting warmer as we left, it was a bit chilly at night tho and you did need a jacket or cardigan. Hope this helps.
Hi the marlitta beach is an airtours hotel, think direct holidays (part of airtours) may do it also. great hotel stayed there 2 years ago, going back this august..

counting the days
We have stayed at the marlita beach 6 times
on our first visit it was with thompson family first , the following year a another company took over(not english) and made several improvments to the pool area eg adding the bridge.
Air tours have since taken up residence and we have always had an enjoyable stay there -the staff are very friendly and extremly hard working.

Just a word of waring about the play area - under the sand/grit there are large slabs of concrete, and IMHP it is not a safe play area - my son fell from the top of the slide and landed on his back next to the concret. He spent a night in the local hospital and luckily no bones were broken
Helen,

Ive been looking at the Marlita beach too for myself and My son, I have been able to find it online only with a couple of places, Direct Holidays weren't one of them for the times I was looking for....but airtours online, one for good value was finding it via Goingplaces...

Still deciding when to go... :)
I was in Protaras 1st - 11th October last year and it was in the 80's.
Even the nights were still warm, I was in short sleeves at 4am on the way back to my apartment and was fine.
i looked for oct with first choice it comes out at 2200 for 2 weeks is that good?
for how many people and is that s/c
Hi Helen

If that is for 2 adults and 2 children I think it seems a little too much, we paid £1200 s/c for May/June a couple of years ago. This year we are paying about the same as you for August. But obviously if you have more people going then it is ok.

Debbie
it is for 3 chidren and two adultsa do they it said we had to have two rooms do they do 2 bedroom apartments that we could all fit in
Click Here for our reviews of this accommodation.

If you have stayed here and not done so, please add your review via the above link.

Hi

Oh my goodness Im so excited :lol: having hunted for several weeks and having given up hope and began looking elsewhere (thanks for your help everyone!) I have just been able to locate an 11 day holiday to the Marlita Beach which was my first choice place for my 5 year old and I. It includes the Half term at the end of May (cor blimey how prices go up!)

Anyway..I digress :lol: I have a couple of questions which I would appreciate ANY help to as Im hopefully going to book tonite... :)
I have been quoted £1000.60 for 11 nights self catering or £1209 for half board. Is it worth me paying for half board up front or is it something that I can do when I get there? If so, have you any idea of cost of the upgrade in resort? Or would I be better off going half board anyway even if we do eat out for evenings occasionally ~ after all it only works out at about £18 day....

I did read on one of the reviews that they do a meal deal where you can buy half board for 3 days ~ does anyone know if this is the case and any idea of the cost? Im working to a budget, already having to pay adult price for a 5 year old.

And my final question is ~ is the food for children actually "childrens" food? my fussy 5 year old is FUSSY! so wouldnt want to go half board if its not suitable ~ do they have their own buffet?

The other option is to go for 7 days, (quoted at £588 self catering) but it just never seems long enough, yet 14 days is toooo long for just me and son!

Sorry for all the questions...Im just so excited that ive found what could be the holiday I wanted at the place I wanted....and would appreciate anyones thoughts and suggestions.....

Great big thanks in advance :D

Karen xx
sorry dont know any answers but was wondering who you got your price from looking to go here in oct
thanks
Hi,

Well, the price that I wrote about above was quoted to me when I called airtours direct last night and included a discount it was £1057.00, however, I nipped into going places today, and got the exact same holiday apart from that we are having a one bedroomed apartment rather than a studio for £933.00 for 11 nights

Woooo HOoooooo Im so excited.... :lol:
I have been hunting for this holiday looking all over the place, and the cheapest has always been going places, whether it be their website or the shop (altho the shop has given me better quotes both times) I was really pleased to save even more :)

Am now on countdown :lol: and Im off to post on the "whos going where and when thread...." :lol: only 61 days to go
Helen,

In answer to your question, yes they do have 2 bedroom apartments that sleep up to 6 people.

I booked for the Marlita today and we were able to have a 1 bedroomed apartment for just myself and my son at the same rate that we wouldhave had a small studio for :)
I responded to you on my other thread about the prices I got, I have been hunting and hunting for so long for this place and for 10 or 11 nights...Ive trawled every website going :lol: but going places shop came up with the best prices and I finally got it for £933 for 11 nights including the half term holiday :) (they were cheaper in the shop than phoning air tours direct too....)

Hope you find what you are looking for
Does anyone know about upgrading at the Marlita? We are going self catering, and did have an option to go HB at booking, but didn't really want to do so for the whole 11 nights ~ do they do a meal deal option there? or are there plenty of places close by that will suite me and my fussy 5 year old ~
also where is the best place to shop for food/supplies?

Many thanks.... :)
45 days and counting! :lol:
Hi Karen

You could eat at the Marlita every day if you wanted. They have a bar which sells food during the day and in the evening it tells you what is to eat in the restaurant and you can pay there and then, think it is buffet style.

We didn't get chance to eat at the Marlita in the evening when we went as we found loads of places to eat, there is even a McDonalds not too far away, Pizzahut, a place like KFC and then there are your usual restaurants with play areas for kids which everyone is so friendly.

We got a takeaway from a chinese up the road, which was lovely. Our youngest was only 3 then and decided that he would stop eating when we sat him down at a table so we started feeding him before we went and let him play whilst we ate in peace. Always thought people were awful who did that, but I can see why.

This year are we going back and my oldest will be 8 1/2 and the little monster will be nearly 6 so fingers crossed it will be a lot easier.

Have a lovely holiday, I can honestly say I had the best holiday ever at the Marlita and we now plan to buy a villa out there because we loved it so much.
thank you ever so much ~ I can understand why people do choose to let the kids eat first, and I would lol but as its only my son and I, we dine together otherwise Id be sat at an empty table lol

And at least if all else fails with him, there's pizza or mcdonalds lol

Is there a supermarket close by or is there one which you'd recommend going to? Hoping to hire a car too while we are there to get around and explore a bit :)
Thanks again tho!

Karen
Yes, Karen I can understand you not wanting to eat alone, bless you.

There is a supermarket that we used a lot and it was about 1 mins walk away, easily accessible but a large variety of food. Sells all our english food etc, great. But there are other supermarkets within easy walking distance as well.

Also, this may be of interest to your son, if you walk into Protaras itself, can't remember exactly how long it took but couldn't have been that long as I am not much of a great walker we stopped at a kids area which has go kart type bikes to ride, train, mini golf. My oldest son cut his chin open whilst there last time and could not swim for the last few days of our holiday so my husband took him there loads and he loved it.
Ah Debbie, thanks for that ~ my little one has a thing about mini golf lol and when we went to the Dom Rep last year he was gutted that we didn't have one :lol: will be able to give him the good news then
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.