Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Will certainly let you know....if he is there...and what he is like

:shock: I cant remember Karen....... we were sat a little away from where he was...... plus Im short sighted (wear glasses for TV) so couldnt really see him ........ he was getting a few ladies though, so he cant have
been all bad!! Hhaha.

....... I was very suprised to see him, to be honest. Not something you see every day whilst on Holiday!! :D

....... Hubby told me, at the time, to go over and enquire how much he charged, but I never got round to It...... might do this year If hes still there though :wink: ........ let me know If he Is.
And no......... I wasnt dreaming It....... honestly!!!! :lol:
ah, I meant...if he is there I will let you know what he is like :) lol

We had this when we went to the Dom Rep last year, and to lie there and have a massage with the sound only of the waves was wonderful! give me something to do while little one does his things lol
This might be a really silly question, but a massage on holiday is something I've always wanted! I know they have it where we're going, so I do want to try, but my question is this.

From day 1, I start to tan and I wondered if it was at all sore to be massaged and whether most of them use oils, etc. I don't want to start peeling or something because I've had a massage! Anyone help?

:oops:
:shock: OOh, good Idea Kezza. I never thought of that either.

Would It be best before you start to get a tan, or wait until you have a base tan? ........ I would Imagine it would be best to have the massage In the morning when Its coolest. :)
Any Info would be appreciated though :D
well....I go red lol and suffer for a couple of days because I am so fair skinned, but I waited until after that to have the massage last time, and I cant say that it affected the tan that I did have when it went brown lol

Even if it had, it was well worth it lol as for the "official" response I dunno lol
Can anyone tell me if you can take an all inclusive option at the marlita beach this year. :?:

many thanks
gazz
No Gazzy.... as far as Im aware, the Marlita Is Self Catering only.
Hi cookie

when you arrive normally they offer you the chance to buy all inclusive bands fo a set price, just wondered if they are still doing it this year.
Have a read through our reviews by Clicking Here to see if anyone else mentions this option.

The hotels website is also available via the above link so there could be some info there also. 8)
Having just returned today from the Marlita, its not all inclusive.....you can stay there half board, or self catering, and if you are self catering, they do a special half board offer...

You can if you want to just have breakfast which this past couple of weeks has been CYP£3.00 fr adults and £2 for children (eat and drink as much as you want) Dinner was £7 adult, they did have a HB upgrade which was £8.00 adult and £4.00 child per day, minimum of 3 days, and if you booked a certain amount of days you had a couple free.

We didnt take it up at all, because we were never up in time for breakfast (finished at 10am) and there were so many fab places to eat.....but its definitely handy if you dont venture far and waiting til we got there, would have been cheaper than going HB in the first place ~ hope that helps :)
Karen x
Hi karen

Can't wait for your report..

i was hoping they'd give you an all inclusive but never mind, as like you say there are so many good places nearby.

what appartments were you in ?

cheers
gazz
Hi Gazzy,

before we went, I was intending to take up their offer of HB, but we ate out at some great restaurants and seeing as we only made breakfast about twice lol we were able to pick and choose, having the car made it easier as we could just drive off and eat which was great....and also the timing of the Marlitas eating didnt match ours, I think the flexibility of the offer they have (you dont have to use it for consecutive days, just as and when) is a good idea at times, but it wasnt suited to us...

We stayed in Room D08 ~ one bedroomed ground floor apartment which overlooked the large "football" area and then on over to S block and the sea ~ we were the very last "block" before hitting the Plato Mare Apartments, and in that way it was ok, although the noise from their entertainment along with that from the Papantonia was a bit overwhelming...not that it really bothered me. S block, (if they werent refurbishing) would be the best choice, great sea/beach and even pool view, and A and B would be my least favourite but don't think there's much in it to be honest.... :)
hi karen how did you enjoy the marlita was it as good as you thought it would be. do you now if the building work on S block will be complete by the end of june. and if there is any more info you could pass my way all the better thanks tam. :tup
Hi Tam

The building work was on one end of S block (furthest from the pool) so apartments, they are doing some serious work to it, and were knocking out walls and using hammer drills etc ~ i would say, it is unlikely that they will be finished by the end of June. When I emailed them, they said they werent using the block, but in the first 2 sections there were people in them...we were across the grass in block d and I got woken by them 3 mornings :( not my idea of fun when Im on holiday.

I havent had chance to post my review yet lol its a work in progress. I did like the marlita, pool area etc was probably the best bit. Would I stay there again? no, I wouldnt....but would go back to use their pool! lol

Anything else you want to know, shout :)
Hi there,

We are a family of 4, 2 girls aged 7 & 13 and me and hubby. We have booked our first holiday to Cyprus at the Marlita Beach Aparthotel in Protaras. Can anyone give us info as to what its like? Plus any 'must do' acitvities for us all. Any info at all will be welcome. What can you find in the centre of Protaras. I believe there is a Mc Donalds there!

Daisy x
Hi Daisy - Click Here for our reviews of this accommodation.
Hi Daisy :)
My son (5 1/2) and I stayed at the Marlita (came home 5th June) it was our first visit there and also to Cyprus ~ Im more than happy to give you whatever info you would like to know ~ is there anything specific?

The best feature of the Marlita is probably the pool area, always plenty of space, lovely and clean and a great pool, they did have a kids club which a lot of the younger kids went to, but I found for mid range kids there was very little activity, they tended to amuse themselves by the pool.

its a good 20 minute walk at least with kids down to Protaras, (marlita is in pernera) but you can get a bus (stop a few mins walk) or taxi CYP£4 each way ~ but yes, there is a MacD's and also a Pizza hut, but there are plenty of choices for kids food even at all the tavernas/bars ~ they all do kids food so you dont have to be tied to going to Macds

We hired a car so had that to drive around, a must do is a visit to the waterpark at Ayia Napa (bus stops right there) an excellent day out for kids and adults of all ages, (recommend going on Wednesday which is changeover day) it was really quiet and we had no queues at all ~ its CYP£15 adults CYP£8 for kids ~ Id give the aquarium which is not far from the marlita a miss as too the mini zoo (its awful!) but if you want a trip up the mountains in an off road jeep,this was great fun and the kids on our trip enjoyed it too ~ dont book anything thro the rep, it is a lot more expensive recommend going up to Thisvi Travel which is just up from the Blue Spice Restaurant just over from the Marlita

Anything else you wanna know, give me a shout :)
Karen x
:D ve stopped here......... In one word I can describe It as............

FANTASTIC! :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.