Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Somebody sent me a PM asking for the email addy for the marlita, however my PM box I cant get access to on my PC right now, so thought I would bump this up for them as the correct email addy is listed in my reply above

but is marlita@tsokkos.com

this was the only addy I got any response from

Karen x
:roll: :( ....Oh and I was hoping to get a massage aswell

:lol:
I go red lol and suffer for a couple of days because I am so fair skinned
You are heading for melanoma unless you stop the way you sunbathe. Any degree of "burning" is dangerous and can also lead to premature aging of the skin.
You are obviously not "slip, slap, slop"ing correctly. What factor protection do you use? Do you re-apply frequently?

Mark
We to have stayed at the Marlita (7 times ) and have always had a fantastic time
I agree with Karen dont hire trips from the reps as you can get them else where cheaper
If you go by taxi to the water park they will give you a 10% off voucher and you can get their earlier than the rest by not going on the coach. Even though the reps say you get there first in our experience thats not true, as once the coach was 1/2 hr late and another time someone got on thinking it was the boat trip coach and we ended up taking her to the harbour before going on to the waterpark.
We also found it better to hire a car ourselves and not from the rep - they gave us an old banger which broke down after 2 days and the replacment was an even older automatic not a 4x4 that we had booked!

IMHO stay clear of the reps and you will have a great holiday
Hi
we are going back to Marlita Beach in Aug, its the first hotel/appts we have ever wanted to return to.
Great staff, great pool, the kids love it, AND ITS STILL 6 WEEKS AWAY :(

gazz
Thanks for your brill advice and info. We have a daughter with eating problems, long story but in short she will only eat a select few foods. Does anyone know if the supermarket nr Marlita beach stocks things like peanut butter, pure orange juice, pork sausages, bread and that sort of thing. Is it expensive?

What is the beach like nr Marlita beach? How far away is fig tree bay?

Thanks for your continued help!

Daisy xx
Daisy ~

My son is fussy eating too ~ there is a little supermarket called the Ausonia which is just behind the Marlita, they do a lot of UK foods, however, if you are having a car or if you have the time/energy go up to the Orphanides supermarket which you can either get a taxi to or bus (bus stops outside the supermarket)

We went to Orphanides a couple of times during the stay because it was a lot cheaper for drinks, milks and the UK brands too...altho these are of course still more expensive than the local ones....but in the case of a fussy eater I know that it is worth that extra just to know they will eat!

As for the beach, there is a little bay area right at the marlita, literally over the back of the pool ~ will try and get some pics up this weekend to show you. It is fine shingle and sand, but the water is calm and very clear, its ideal for kids, and there are also watersports ~ if you walk around the coastal path or indeed drive out of pernera up the coast a little there are a couple of little coves.

You can walk to fig tree bay via the coastal path (right hand side of the marlita as you look out to sea) takes about 20 mins or so, and it brings you into the top end of fig tree bay. We actually had a hire car so just drove down and parked lol but you can always get the bus down into Protaras, and get off in the region of Sunrise beach and you are in the middle of it all ~

Hope that helps :)
Karenx
Mark,

thank you for your concern, but I assure you that I do slip slop often, frequently and all over! I never use under factor 30 ~ was using factor 50 in cyprus.... I dont actually lie and sunbathe...I never get chance :lol:
But still I do tend to catch the sun altho do not tend to burn as much as I do if I get caught here at home....
Thanks so much Karen, i sent you a pm yesterday about contacting the hotel. Sorry for all my questions!
Hiya,

The brochure for airtours says that Marlita Beach operates a dress code for dinner. Does anyone know what that is? What cant/can we wear?

Thanks.
Daisy x
Hi Daisy :wave
I would Imagine "dess code" for the Marlita would mean no Shorts...... especially Beach shorts :? ........
Oh dear. I wasnt planning on taking much else apart from my bikini :?
Daisy,

We didnt eat in the restaurant at all on site, (used bar area) but ate out every night, we did see people heading off to dinner in non-beach shorts (cant think of the word right now lol) but dont know to what extent they enforced the dress code ~

Karen x
What are non beach shorts? Are denim shorts acceptable do you think? Do you mean you cant wear those swim short type things?
hi
i think "non beach shorts" are 3/4 length shorts or silmilar.

gazz
I don't know this particular hotel but as a guide or rule of thumb

lunchtime... no beach ware men usually need to ware a top

dinner (evening) men no shorts full length trousers only no t shirts (unless collard sports type)
lassies can get away with most things but are usually expected to ware a top and something about knee length or longer

wizard
Hi all, staying at the marlita beach apt 1st oct -06, first time at cyprus, and i will be going with my wife and my young daughter (7). can`t wait..
would like to know if any one knows or has direct telephone number for the marlita beach, i would like to get in touch with them and ask about getting a nice room on arrival sea view, pool view etc, etc.
any help please thanks jim,,.
They're part of the Tsokkos Group.

All the info you need is here http://www.tsokkos.com/pages_eng/marlita.php
We're staying at the Marlita Beach Hotel in Protaras at the end of June - from reading some of the reviews, it sounds a little out of town - is it far to walk into the bar/restaurant strip? I dont mind a bit of a walk to build up the appetite (especially if they are a couple of bars on the way!)

Also, is it near Fig Tree Bay beach, which I have heard a lot about?

Thanks!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.