Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
June 4th next year is a bank holiday, so the prices will be higher at this time, as the kids will be off school.
I also have Tuesday 5th June listed as a Public Holiday in my diary - it's the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

Most schools in Engald will probably be on half-term for the week before ie they'll break up on Friday 25 May and not go back until Wednesday 6th June. So your dates aren't off-peak, far from it I'm afraid. You'll probably find that if you can either bring your dates forward so that you are coming home on the weekend of Saturday 26th May or put them back so that you are not leaving until after the 6th June that prices will drop dramatically.

Alternatively, if you can't be flexible about your dates but you live north rather than south of Manchester, you might get a better price for flights from Edinburgh, Glasgow or Prestwick because on the whole the Scottish schools won't be on a half-term holiday at the end of May - they finish for the summer in late June and most will simply be off for the Jubilee weekend.

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.