General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
May Honeymoon
8 Posts
hi blu have you looked at the canary islands ? might be something to your liking there :D
Barbados is a slightly windier Caribbean island - in fact most of the Caribbean has a cooling breeze taking the edge off of any intense heat. I'd say Barbados offers heritage as opposed to culture, but there is plenty to see and do, and easily within your budget.

Alternatively, Morocco? Italy ( a few days in Roem or Florence followed by a week or so in a beach resort)?

Hope this helps.
For my money in May it would have to be Cyprus.
Warm, but not overly so. Plenty to see and do,
watersports, beaches to relax on. With the budet
you have you could get something extra special.
There is so much on Cyprus I don't know where
to start. :lol:
I agree with Blue Babe I went to Cyprus with my Daughter last may, glorious weather and even my daughter enjoyed the Roman remains regards G
3rd rave for Cyprus in May. Best time of year weather wise, in my opinion.
I would offer Thailand....culturally a very interesting place - exotic but accessible, historic attractions especially if you multi-centre. Hot yes...but you've got air-con. Some great beaches to chill out on, great food and prices.
Hi Blu.
We got married in May 6 years ago.
We looked at destinations like Cyprus & Rhodes.
However what actually put me off was that when i went to look into booking either of these places i found that Mexico was £50 cheaper.
We went to the pacific side of Mexico where very few people go,to a fishing port called Puerto Vallarta.
Puerto Vallarta is situated next to the Sierra Madre mountains and therefore you don't get blistering heat,as the cool air from the mountains comes down to you.
There is a deal currently for the hotel we stayed in for 2weeks all inclusive for 2 adults £1664 next May.
Now thats a Bargain. :shock:
What puts alot of people of Puerto Vallarta however is the extra 5 hours of flight time,yet we found this passed quickly after all it was only 1 extra movie on the flight.
The temperature when we were there was no-more than 35C but it felt cooler with the sea & mountain breezes.
What i do say your money will go further there than any of the other resorts suggested so far and i would strongly suggest you seriously think of Mexico as a destination,i personally think you will be surprised.

Hope my little input helps you.
Cheers Ken.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.