Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
im on o2 pay monthly you can use your inclusive text to text uk instead charging 1 text they charge 4 .im on sim only just joined £15 month no contract 200 mins 400 text =100 from turkey
What is the most convenient way of making phone calls back tp the U.K.

Our families will want us to call and let them know that we have arrived

safely.
Cheapest way to do that is buy a phone card, Most of the shops sell them as do some restauraunts, the cheapest place to buy them is at the Post office, You will see phones all over the place to use.
Help needed, please!

Im going to Hisaronu/Olu Deniz in a couple of weeks and wish to use my mobile to call a landline back in the UK. Ive read about roaming sim cards which charge 27p per minute to ring the UK which is fine. Anyone know of a cheaper way I can use my mobile in Turkey and know if it works? Also if I bought a phone card, could I use it in my hotel room?
Any advice help would be much appreciated,

Thank you. :D
Have you checked that the roaming cards work in Turkey? If so, 27p per minute is pretty good.

If you buy phonecards in Turkey, they are for use in the slot phone boxes, which are dotted all over the resorts. They won't work in your hotel room.

Elaine
Thanks Elaine.

Yes apparently the roaming cards do work in Turkey. I just dont want to buy one and find out its a scam. You have to give them your direct debit details for top-up but you can cancel anytime. Do you think it sounds feasible? Here's the link...

http://www.oneroam.co.uk/sim-cards.aspx?m=3&mi=59&ms=0&title=How+does+it+work%3f

I would really appreciate any views/input.

I am going to marmaris on 17th Sept and was wondering what it costs approximately to use the phone in the bedroom to phone home to Northern Ireland. Thanks
Not advisable to do this as it will hurt your Purse/Pocket very badly, As it will cost you more than if you used your Mobile Phone, Use the normal payphones as they are in Abundance everywhere, You can buy the phonecards from all the shops for between 7 and 10 lira these will get you 100 units to call home with, Remember Turkey is 2 hours ahead of the Uk, Is cheaper also to call mid evening.
you can also use the telephone shops, they have booths there and it is cheaper after 11 pm...
You can also buy a Turkish Sim card for your mob, much cheaper
We bought a phonecard to use in the public phones from one of the local shops last June, cost us £8, used it to phone home quite a lot over the two weeks we were there and didn't use up even half of the credits
Myself and my partner are going to Mamaris in two weeks,
I`am on o2 pay as you go and she`s on a T mobile contract, will we be able to call each other ok or would we be better just sending text messages.

She likes lying on the beach all day but i get restless and like to go for walk.

Thanks for any help.....
Text each other, don't call. As you will both be charged for sending and receiving international calls (possibly £1 per minute), even though you are both using UK sims.

Elaine
Thanks for the info Elaine.
Can anyone recommend a phone card to ring turkey from england i use uni africa and you get 35 mins.There most be a better deal out there

thanks
Can anyone tell me how can i keep cost down while using my phone in turkey i have t mobile and its so expensive to use this abroad. Is there a cheaper method of using your phone in turkey

thanks for your help
hi,

i am on t mobile myself and i am sure the last time i was in the store they told me you could purchase something from them which keeps the costs down. if i was you i would go into the shop and double check as that was about a year ago that the guy told me that.

Mel x
Hi you buy a Turkish sim card while in Turkey, you buy them in units, any phone shop or local store will sell you one and explain what to do.
You may need to get your phone unlocked before you can put another sim card in it though, best check that out too.

Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.