Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I know this will have been asked before. On the Airbus to Goa, are the extra leg room seats the ones in pairs towards the back of the plane?

Can I upgrade when I book with Cosmos, or do I have to contact Monarch afterwards?
I've sat in these seats on the TCX A330 and i must admit they are great, i don't think legroom wise they are any different but you have a feeling of space as there is only 2 seats rather than 3 and the aisle widens up slightly so sticking your leg out a bit without getting bashed by the carts is nice.
I would say that if there are say 5 rows of the 2 seaters at the back, go for say the 3rd row of them, so nice not to have anyone beside you as such.

Hope that helps
I thought I saw somewhere that on Monarch these were extra legroom?
Mobor One,

The outer seats (only) towards the rear of the A332's are extra legroom. However, they are only 4" greater so not that much roomier than the standard seats. Details are on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

leisurelad wrote:
I've sat in these seats on the TCX A330 and i must admit they are great, i don't think legroom wise they are any different

That's correct onboard Thomas Cook's A332's, but Monarchs are configured slightly differently so you can't compare seat pitch between TCX and Monarch Aircraft based on just sitting on a similar aircraft. TCX's standard seat pitch is 33" compared to Monarchs 30", they then configure the outer seats towards the rear with 34" seat pitch and sell them as extra legroom. It was £35 per flight to reserve them although it might have gone up since the last time I checked.

Darren
Thanks Darren. I took the plunge and booked Premium. The holiday was quite a bargain, so I could justify the extra cost.
Can I book my actual seats on a Monarch flight, or do I have to turn up at check in and see what is left?
Mobor One wrote:
Can I book my actual seats on a Monarch flight, or do I have to turn up at check in and see what is left?

With the premium upgrade sitting together used to be included. As far as I know it still is, but check with your tour operator. You can't select actual seat numbers though. They will be advised at check in.
We do get the seats together, but I would have thought that we could pick seats beforehand, like you can on Thomson and Thomas Cook (and just about every other airline under the sun).
Mobor One wrote:
We do get the seats together, but I would have thought that we could pick seats beforehand, like you can on Thomson and Thomas Cook (and just about every other airline under the sun).

You can on scheduled flights, but not charters.
From their website http://www.monarch.co.uk/faq/flights/seating/pre-allocated-seating-charter
Welcome to 1977!

Thanks Sunaddict. We'll try to get to the airport early each way.
Can you confirm aircraft type zb 248 low to shark may 9th return to low may 23rd thanks
NUNNS,

LGW-SSH-LGW (ZB248/9) are operated by Airbus A300B4-605R. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
talking seats. we paid for seats on the planes we are traveling on, but what im wanting to know is since ive been told that becos I use a walking stick I will be seated at the front seats free of charge, will I need to go back to travel agent and get money back .or what happens next? any advise will be grateful. oh it was not the travel agent who told me I will go free, it was a lady I was talking too on phone reff seating for me as I cnt walk far without my stick. so will be getting assistance from airport to bottom of plane steps.
tammie52,

Is it medical seats you've now booked? If so and you''ll not be using pre-selected seats that you've paid for, I would seek a refund from whoever you booked the holiday / flights with as you'll ot be using them.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
tammie52,

Is it medical seats you've now booked? If so and you''ll not be using pre-selected seats that you've paid for, I would seek a refund from whoever you booked the holiday / flights with as you'll ot be using them.

Darren
don't understand what you mean as in MEDICAL?, like I said in post on booking holiday. we came home I then thought omg I hope that lady remembers to get me assistance to plane, so I rang customer assistance and was told by the lady on phone that I will get seats free, was only when I put the phone down did I forget to tell her I already booked/payed for seats, but I will ring my travel agent later today and have a chat with her bout it,
tammie52,

If you've asked for assistance when you've spoken to the airline about seating, I would have thought they'd have given you the medical seats. These are seats that are reserved for passengers that may have mobility issues or other medical problems. They are located close to exits and facilities such as toilets to make the flight as comfortable as possible for those that need them. You don't want to be sat at the back of the aircraft for example if toilets are at the front. Assuming you've been assigned medical seats, there's no point in paying for assigned seating and selecting other seats as you've presumably got the medical seating. In that case, I would look in to a refund as you won't be selecting your seats and therefore will have paid for an extra you don't want and won't receive.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
tammie52,

If you've asked for assistance when you've spoken to the airline about seating, I would have thought they'd have given you the medical seats. These are seats that are reserved for passengers that may have mobility issues or other medical problems. They are located close to exits and facilities such as toilets to make the flight as comfortable as possible for those that need them. You don't want to be sat at the back of the aircraft for example if toilets are at the front. Assuming you've been assigned medical seats home, there's no point in paying for assigned seating and selecting other seats as you've presumably got the medical seating. In that case, I would look in to a refund as you won't be selecting your seats and therefore will have paid for an extra you don't want and won't receive.

Darren

aw I got it now. it all makes sence . and yes was told our seats will be at the front, for easy exit of plane. thanks for the info. rang travel agent and yes we are getting our money back on all the flights, Belfast/Birmingham/Birmingham/tunsisa and back home.
Haven't flown Monarch Premium for a few years. Can you pick your movies, and pause and rewind them?

Is it worth emailing Monarch and asking if is possible to get a window seat?
Monarch IFE is on a loop, so no on demand capability. Your seat numbers will be given to you at check in, so you could ask then if there are any window seats available.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.