Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
tijhaar,

Your Flight From Gatwick To Male Will Be Opperated By An Airbus A330-243, You Will Find Lots Of Information On This Aircaft If You Look Back Through This Thread.

A Seating Plan Is Here

Gower
I have just booked to go to Egypt on 3rd August 09 for my honeymoon and we are flying to luxor with monarch.

i have never flown with these and was wondering what sort of aircraft it will be, do they have seat back tv, or overhead ones and also are drinks etc free onboard.

thanks for helping :cheers
partygirl24,

Are you flying from Manchester to LXR (MON5056/7)? or Gatwick (MON5238/9)? It's too early to be certain what they'll be operating the flight with. They operated the Manchester flights with their Boeing 767-31K/ER last summer and Gatwick flights with their Airbus A330-243's. Monarch don't have seat back IFE installed (only in premium on the A332). Seat pitch is 30" in economy. IFE is provided via overhead screens above the isles. Drinks are extra, meals are included.

Darren
i have booked mon7832 gatwick to sharm, 16th july. i booked flight independant from hotel, what will my baggage allowance be? does anyone know which aircraft i will be flying on? will it be north or south terminal as i want to book a carpark.
thanks in advance
ali
ali781,

Baggage allowances are listed on Monarch website. You are on a Monarch charter so your limits are 20kg including the 5kg hand baggage allowance. This will be confirmed on your tickets. It's too early to be 100% what aircraft they'll be operating, but I would expect it to be an Airbus A300B4-605R or Boeing 757-2T7. Monarch operate out of the South terminal.

Darren
Thanks for the information, i am flying from Manchester.

Cheers :cheers
dazbo5
thankyou for all that information, it is very helpful. i'm sure though that the lady i booked with said it was 20kg plus your 5kg hand luggage, thats why i queried it.
ali
newbie here :wave:

might be a bit early in the year to post this

flying with monarch from gatwick mon5318 to rhodes on 17/06/09 & return on mon5319 on 01/07/09

what type of plane will i be flying on? was hoping for one of there old 757 before they retire them :tongue

i see g-mond was retired the other week , that plane was almost as old as me :really

the main reason i booked this holiday was the chance to go monarch (nice flight times two for greece), me & otherhalf fly 2/3 times a year but after years of package holidays we have never been been with monarch, done everyone else over the years was lucky to do xl last year before they went bust also having a rest from the easyjet circus this year :D
wiggleworth,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-RHO-LGW (MON5318/9) is likely to be operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R. This type is used predominantly through the summer. I'll be able to confirm this from May. I know what you mean about the 752, proper rocket ships!

Darren
hello darren

thought it would be 2 early

have not been on a a300 since i was kid way back sep92 on a return flight from malaga to gatwick this has been my only monarch flight (went dan air going :yikes )

can guess i have always been into planes :)

looking at monarch's four a300 they are old aswell two delivered in 91 & other two in 92 :tongue
wiggleworth,

They may be old, but Monarch engineering has the reputation for for aircraft maintenance. They are well regarded in the aviation world. Look at their 757-200's, 25 years of flying and hardly a day off with technical issues.

Darren
im sure they are , dont bother me how old they , will be good to get the chance to fly on a300 :D

is lay out 3,3,3
wiggleworth wrote:
is lay out 3,3,3

It sure is. You'll find a seat plan on Seat Guru.

Darren
thanks for that darren, will take a copy of that with me to check in i always get there early i never pay for extra leg room ;)
wiggleworth,

Extra legroom seats are normally booked well in advance so there's very little chance you'll get them on the day, especially FOC.

Darren
Dazbo5 wrote:
Extra legroom seats are normally booked well in advance so there's very little chance you'll get them on the day, especially FOC.

If this is the case then why when you get to the airport do the airlines usually have the screens above the desks saying "Extra legroom seats available..."? Is it false advertising or do they genuinley have the seats still available?

thanks,
Alasdair

p.s this is based on the charter airlines I have flown with ;)
roboa,

I said normally. There are sometimes extra legroom seats available, it depends on demand.

Darren
Hi Dazbo
Booked holiday for 3/9/09 with Monarch, I am aware it is an A330 so 3-3-3 is this right? I have pre booked seats ensuring we can sit together but wish to request window seat. Have you contact number for me so I can ring them. Think I would struggle in middle seats may feel quite clostraphobic so need to sort asap before window seats have gone lol.

Thanks in advance

Kazee x
Kazee,

That's correct. Their A332's are configured 3-3-3 for the most part in economy apart from the rear 8 rows. These are 2-3-2. Premium is 2-4-2. You'll find a seating plan on Seat Guru. Customer services can be contacted on 0871 225 2555 (10p per minute). More details on Monarchs website.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.