Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I'm flying from Birmingham to Gran Canaria on 23rd February with Monarch Airlines, does anyone know what type of aircraft it will be?

Also will it be a direct flight as when I travelled the same route last year with Monarch we had to go via Gatwick.
Hello, I`m flying Monday to Alicante 15-55. Can you tell me which Term please? Manch. Also am I allowed hand luggage. Says 15kgs. Thanx, Sue.
trusse03,

BHX-LPA-BHX (MON4628/9) are operated by an Airbus A321-200. The flight is direct as far as I know.

Darren
susan shaw,

Where are you departing from? Presumably you're on the ZB676 from Manchester to Alicante? If so, Monarch use Manchesters Terminal 1. As you are on a scheduled service, Your hand luggage is 10kg per person. Refer to Monarchs website for details.

Darren
hi we are on monarch flight zb568 from manchester to tenerife are we allowed 10 kg i think i have read it right and 20kg of hold bags which we have paid for
thanks from sue
botty,

Your hold allowance is a maximum of 20kg. Refer to Monarchs website for more details.

Darren
When do the Monarch flights to Gran Canaria begin as there's no mention of them on the Live Departure pages of Birmingham Airports website at the moment.

Checked for the last couple of weeks
trusse03,

I wouldn't rely on BHX's website as a source of flight information (as strange as that may seem!). The live departures page will only show flights that are departing within a few hours of the current time. Monarch have active flights from BHX to LPA through the winter and summer seasons. Have a look at FlyMonarch.com for more details. For example, MON4628 departs on a Monday at 0700.

Darren
Every Monday morning flight 07.00 from BHX departs to Las Palmas - MON4628

I think Flythomascook (or whatever they call themselves these days - also fly on a Monday.

Nivsy
hellos, flying Gatwick to Calgary 25th March MON337

have long legs and wondering if it's worth the extra £70 for upgraded legroom, is this just standard seats facing into aisle slighty or proper extra legroom seats ?

thanks in advance :)
MrBad,

Your flights are operated by Monarchs Airbus A330-243's. Seat pitch is 30". If you have long legs, you may want to opt for extra legroom seats. These are located at exit rows. For a seating plan, refer to Seat Guru.

Darren
thanks Darren, just booked 3 seats for me & friends :wave:
hi we fly tomorrow from manchester to tenerife how do we go on if we cant get to thee airport or manchester are having trouble what do we do will keep checking web sites as they have forcast loads more snow
just hope they are wrong and we can get there ok
thanks from sue
botty,

I have to be honest with you, if it does snow tomorow then I would be more worried about getting out of the airport on your plane. As you may have seen on the news several london airport were closed on Monday. The motorways should hopefully be alright as long as they are gritted and there is a cosistent flow of traffic.

Alasdair
botty,

Do you mean what would happen if you arrived too late for your flight? If that's the case, the flight will leave without you I'm afraid unless for operational reasons, the flight can't depart. The flight won't be held for late passengers unless in severe cases, there are significant numbers of passengers late for the flight and a managerial decision is made to hold the flight. If there's a later flight, they may transfer you on to that if there's spare seats (sometimes with a charge). Regardless of the weather, you have to assume that your flight is departing on time. If the weather is severe, then it'll be worth giving Monarch a call to check on your flight and take further advice, but chances are you'll need to be at the airport at the normal time. Just allow extra time to get to the airport. Manchester airport is well catered for weather problems and should be operational. What happened in London earlier in the week was rare and the the airport couldn't cope with the amount of snow in a such a short space of time. Other countries quite happily cope with it :que I was in Northern Finland before christmas and 2ft of snow wasn't a problem up there, but they're used to it. Looking at the forecast, you shouldn't have too many problems as it's not given too much snow. I'll be thinking of you when I'm working in deep water on saturday and breaking the ice to get in! Have a great holiday :cheers :sun2

Darren
Hi There I am wondering if anyone can help answer my query
My Wife and I are booked on a Monarch flight
The booking is in my name but I cannot fly, will my wife have any problems at check in because I am not with her?

I have spent half the day on hold trying to speak to someone at Monarch but no luck
Any help would be appreciated.
shannow65,

I can't see why you should have a problem, it would just be down as a no show but it's worth making sure with Monarch.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.