Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
roboa,

There Is No Seatback IFE In Monarch's Economy, Just The Screens Above The Aisle

Gower
roboa,

The majority of the time, extra legroom seats are pre-booked and allocated well before the flight checks-in. Some are sometimes held for the day of the flight in case they are needed. If they aren't, they will either be sold on the day at check-in or by cabin crew onboard.

Darren
tommyinyork wrote:
Are monarch getting any more 757's.

I doubt it. The ones they have are in good nick for their age and they actually have a fair few more of the A321 type so I would have thought if they were going to get more aircraft it would be this one. And as boeing no longer make the 757 ( :cry ) there will be no more new ones for anyone. If you have heard a rumor of this though then I would love to hear about it :D

Alasdair
hi we fly to tenerife in 2 weeks from manchester what plane will it be anyone been recently is it 3 an 3 across
botty,

I would expect that route to be operated by one of the short haul aircraft, so it would probably be 3-3 across as you said. Can you supply your flight number so that I can give you an exact aircraft type.

Alasdair
Just got a holiday price thre Thomas Cook and the flights are with Monarch, not been with Monarch for many years. Would you happen to know what type of plane it might be, if they are ok (sorry forgot to mention it would be August from Manchester) Thanks
Katiesmum you also forgot to tell us where you are going :whoops
How stupid am I????? (iI blame my age) Sharm from Manchester.

Thanks x
katiesmum,

You Will Most Probably Be On Either An Airbus A300-600R Or A Boeing 767-300ER
Thank you. Are they just your normal bog standard holiday planes 3 & 3?
tommyinyork wrote:
Are monarch getting any more 757's.

No. The trouble is, the only replacement for a 757 is a 757! They'l be keeping some of the current 757's as long as possible. They have replaced some with A321's, but they can't cover longer flights such as Egypt from north of the country, ot operate out of hot / high / short runways like the 757 can. 757's are pretty rare on the second hand market and have been out of production for a while now.

Darren
botty wrote:
hi we fly to tenerife in 2 weeks from manchester what plane will it be anyone been recently is it 3 an 3 across

Please quote flight numbers where posible. You're flights are operated by a Boeing 757-200 or Airbus A321-200 (most likely) so will be 3-3 with 28" seat pitch.

Darren
katiesmum,

Do you know your flight numbers yet? There are several flights so it's difficult to say unless we know which one you are on. What are your dates of travel?

Darren
Hi Dazbo5, no not booked yet just got some prices today and it was a Monarch flight that came up with a Thomas Cook holiday was looking at 13 Aug about 10am from Manchester I think.
katiesmum,

MAN-SSH-MAN departing 10am on 13th August 2009 (MON1286/7) is normally operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R. This is a wide-bodied jet configured 3-3-3 for the most part. You'll find a seating plan on Seat Guru. Seat pitch is 29-30".

Darren
Am I right in thinking Monarch don't do day before check-in at Gatwick? Can't find anything that says they do.......
mehmeh1,

That's correct. Monarch don't offer day before check-in, more here..

Darren
Thanks very much - I see it now at the bottom of the page you linked to. While on the subject, what sort of plane will it be? MON4278 to Sharm on 15 Feb? Will the seating be 3-3?
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.