Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
some great photos Allan!
Allan's photos can be viewed here. If you don't see them go to the next page along as they will move down as more photos are added.
Hi allanmarian love the photos,

The picture taken from the fort towards the taj shows a lot of errosion, how much would you estimate has gone, as the height of the back wall looks about 10 feet?

Do you need to get dressed up to eat at the mandovi hotel or will smart shorts and a decent shirt be ok ? (no vests ect)

GM

(got our tickets yesterday only 17 days to go :fly )
Hi Goanmad, I would say about 50% of the beach near the Taj has gone over the last 6 years , you are right the wall is nearly 10 foot high , we used to always go down by Palm court , which looks like its part of the Taj (but is not, its a lot cheaper) mostly because there is a track from the main road that leads right down to the beach so we used to take the scooter down there ,Lazy i know! but i cant be doing with all that trudging through soft sand :sulk not that much beach left there now.We always move around anyway so not a great loss to us but all the same sad news for the beach lads & sellers etc. who have moved towards Candolim end of the beach. Must say though this time we spent a fair bit of time at the Calamari shack Sinquerim beach EXCELLENT! best shack we have ever been in, more like a restaurant and no charge for the beds and you can hire (clean ) towels for 20 rupees per day
You dont need to get dressed up for the Mandovi they dont have a dress code i usually wear shorts and shirt but last time we went I had a vest on , and shorts :yikes of course . we like to have lunch there after treking around the shops in Panjim ,nice surroundings and air con and I think on a Tuesday afternoon a mellow singer and guitar.we usually have a few lime sodas bottle of mineral water, soup, a selection of starters , spring rolls, chilli chicken, chicken fried rice, portion of chips nan bread,to share, my god that sounds a lot :omg No wonder we couldnt eat it all :oops: I hate leaving anything on my plate, came out of there like two bloated whales and never ate anything for about 2 days. :rofl Allan.
Ps Have a great holiday.
Sorry ,thanks for comments MadaboutGoa :oops: :wink: allan
I am losing the plot here I meant to say the bill for that meal in the Mandovi came to £9 . allan.
Thanks for the info about the Mandovi, i think we will be making a visit, that sounds excellent value for the setting its in.

We have only been to Goa once before so this time we plan to be a bit more adventurous, got my Int driving permit today so may hire a scooter for a couple of days.

We are staying down by the Aldeia santa rita in a guest house so the condition of the beach near the taj is important to us as we made friends last time with the lads who run Baywatch shack.

We plan to be sat on the beach xmas lunch time having a kings or three.

Ian
Fabulous photos. Brings it all back! Will be there in 4 weeks!
Well they have cheered me up no end!!..........what lovely photos they have brought back great memories from all the destinations..........roll on February for our next Goan fix

Jules
Goan mad,goan girl, goan, addict, we should all change our name to Goan Back, :lol: wish i had of thought of a decent name, mine came out allanmarian i missed the & out when i signed up.
some of the photos in Panjim were taken from Cafe day the far side of the lacoste shop, a great place to people watch.
Still not long to the end of Jan when we are back out there, allan(&)marian
Great photos!

Glad to see Ray back at the Chippy/Log Cabin!

Keira x
Oh really missing the place now, sounds daft but that piccy of the darbar really bring the sights and sounds flooding back.

Re the picture at Ashwem, does that mean Jonnie and Gilbert have got over last seasons fall out and are they working together now Hard rock etc are closed.

Thanks Allan, seems you just missed Anne and Steve at Morjim, they went out last week.
Hi Bigbaddad,yes we just missed Anne & Steve (again) they were due the day we left but were back the end of January we should catch them then.
We borrowed some big Toyota thing off a friend so I suggested to Gilbert that we would take him and Johnnie out for the day, we had a great day went to all the northern beaches had a really good laugh we also went to jungle Village(Calangute) They tried the Cornish Pasty and chips loved it with the HP sauce, had a go at the pool tournament,it was good to see them both together again(just like the old days)
So far they are not working together, as there were no shacks at Morjim when we left but Gilbert is trying to sort one out so lets hope its up & running soon. Allan.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.