General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Thanks Miss Diva.

I take this is the stuff that is anti mossie as well as being very moisturising?
Hi,
Yes it is, its the one in the blue bottle called ' Soft and Fresh '. If you can get hold of a Rep' you will save on the delivery costs.

Julie
We used the Jungle formula spray and the plug in at night last year in Cala Bona.Didn't get bit once :)
Hi Missdiva I use skin so soft /soft and fresh, it does not say it is anti Mozzie.
Hi Shaky,

No it doesnt state that on the bottle, however loads of people use it to avoid getting bitten, it doesnt work for many either!

There are numerous posts on here and Trip Advisor with Pro and Con views. It works for me but.......I take prescription antihistamines aprox' 6 weeks before travelling, use Mozzie repellant during the day and night and on occasion, rub lemon/lime juice on exposed areas depending on how bad the situation is ( good ole West Indian tip which has been passed down generations ;) )

Julie
Thanks for that missdiva, I will give that a try.
I better get stocked up on SSS while there on special offer. ;)
shakysgirl,
I used this in bulgaria last year and got bitten badly, will spend my money on Bens or lifesystems stuff from http://www.ifsogo.com

the Avon sss system dosent work for everyone
fiona
Hi all!

With regards to vitamin B and garlic capsules can anyone please tell me when (prior to travel,how long for etc.) and how often they should be taken.
Many thanks for any help given.

David
Dave Dee
Start taking Vit B and garlic caps 2-3 weeks before you go away, this allows time for them to go through your system

Fiona
Hi Fiona.

Cheers for that but can you tell me if Vitamin B and B1 are different?

David

PS: I've just noticed that Holland & Barrett have a sale on just now.I think I'll start stocking up!

100 x 100mg odourless garlic capsules RRP £4.99 now £1.24
100 x 100mg Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) RRP £3.29 now £1.59
Hi Dave
Yes I believe they are stronger than the ordinary Vit B, must get to Holland and Barratt for my Carotene tabs, and Tanning caps, seeing a sale is on

When do you go on holiday dave? and where are you off to?

Fiona
Hi Fiona

We're off to the Dominican Republic on the 5th July :) . Counting the days!
Are you off anywhere nice? I'm going up north today (Morayshire) for a few days,so have a nice weekend.

David
Hi Dave,

Were off to Tunisia (Hammamet) for the firdt time on the 15th June for 2 weeks ! cant wait :hyper flying from Glasgow,
Lucky you off to Morayshire this weekend, hope you have a good weekend, I love the North East of Scotland

Fiona :wave
We always take antihistamines a week before we go any while we were away. I find that helps with the reaction to any bites we get they don't get so angry and itchy.

I find that the mossie creams work better as a preventive for me than sprays. Luckily for me they seem to prefer my hubby to me so they bite him and leave me alone :tup

Dave I hope the midges are'nt out yet in Morayshire :D
Dave, vitamin B comprises 8 vitamins. B1 (Thiamine) is the one that may have properties that people believe to repel (female) mossies. The theory is that you need to take it for a minimum of two weeks for it to build up it's effectiveness.
So come on every one wheres the cheapest mozzy plugs you can find :tup
whats the diffrence between vitamin b and vitimin b complex
i find that the cheapest plugins are in resort
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.