General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
That would be great, thanks Sarah :tup
Pippy. They are called "Travel Blue". The refill pack contains 30 tablets and cost me £3.00 last year. I dont have the packet for the actual plug but I think it was probably about £6.00 (a couple of years ago) with 14 or so tablets. I had a quick read on the packet and it doesnt say anything about not using them with air conditioning. They were brilliant when we went to Zante where the mozzies were rife.

I know that they were still selling them in Matalan the last time I visited which was in about May/June time.

Happy holidays :sun
Sarah :)
Thanks ever so much Sarah. I'll have a look in Tesco but if no luck there I have a Matalan store only about 12 miles away from me in Brighton :wink:

Pippy :D
i meant to say the local supermarket in resort
:? :? :?
think we paid 3euro's for the machine and about 4euro's for a box of 50 tablets
Ah right :wink: The shops near the hotel I'll be staying at aren't particularly well stocked with that kind of product unfortunately :?
The plug-ins with tablets can be bought at Superdrug, and many supermarkets including Adsa, Morrisons and Tesco. I've had my plug-ins for years, and I just buy the blue tablet refills every year.

My mum's just had a look in Boots and she says the one she looked at was not for use in air-conditioned rooms.
Does ordinary fly spray kill them in a confined space

I think the liquid one (Jungle Formula) is not recommended for A/C, maybe because the constant recycling of air is not good with this type of product. We had A/C in Turkey last year - I turned the A/C off before we went down for evening dinner and blasted the room with a strong general-purpose insect killer and then returned the room after dinner (enough time to kill anything) and turn the A/C back on so it would be nice and cool to come back to later on :wink: I also used the blue tablet plug-in from evening dinner onwards and we were fine.
Right, yes that makes sense. Will check instructions on the products I look at then.

I turned the A/C off before we went down for evening dinner and blasted the room with a strong general-purpose insect killer

That's exactly what I'm planning on doing! Will take a can of fly spray with me :wink:

I just can't stand the thought of going to sleep knowing there may be mozzies in the room, just the sound of them makes me cringe!
Can anyone please tell me where I can get the tablet plug in mosquito repellent from. I have tried Boots, Superdrug, Morrisons and Matalan but none of them appear to have the tablet sort. Any help gratefully appreciated as we go away on Friday.
Try an outdoors/camping/hillwalking type shop (Millets, Tiso, Blacks). They usually have. If all else fails, you can usually buy them at the airports here.
are you after the plug in itself or the tablets for the plug??? i have millions of both!!! try asda, savers. i dont know why matalan havent got any as i get the tablets from there every year!!! and they also sell them with the plug in!!! failing that where exactly are you going for your hols??? as they sell them in most resorts in the local supermarkets. good luck
lindsay.
Thanks for your replies. I will try Millets etc. We are going to Santa Ponsa in Majorca. Maybe they will have some at the resort.
you will find them in all the local supermarkets in resort
Can anyone please tell me where I can get the tablet plug in mosquito repellent from

Argos have one CLICK HERE :wink:
they are much cheaper in resort
i have never ever paid that much not even when buying both plug and tablets!!!! you can get them for less than a fiver
have seen one in woolworths £3.49 for plug and 10 tablets and £3.49 for 30 tablets without plug!! superdrug also had them for less than a fiver!!
I ordered the Vitamin B1 patches. I'll have to wait until October to find out if they work, but I'll report back and let you know.
I'm taking my 5th trip out to the Dominican Republic next month and the thing that spoils it for me is always getting mozzie bitten. I take the Boots Tropical strength mozzie spray and the avon dry oil spray but still always get pretty bad bites.
What I was wondering though is which way round do I apply these products, I've always put my aftersun on first after my shower on the evening, let that sink in then the mozzie spray and finish off with the avon oil so I smell nice . Should I spray the awful mozzie spray on last after everything else before I go out ??? I was wondering if I'm masking the deet with putting the other products on top. It takes me forever to put on all these products and after all my trips I tend to think I'm applying them the wrong way round. I'm determined to get it right in September.
Can someone help me out on this one?
sam
hi nuttysam, i am just the same, in fact last year before i went on my hols i even asked my GP if there was anything i could do as i get them so often. she advised no perfume whatsoever on the skin for a start-and i love spending a fortune in boots on products before i go away! she also said the best thing with repellant is to apply it on to skin whcih has no other products on it, ie: get out of the shower, dry off and put it straight on so no other products are able to form a barrier between your skin and the mozzie products you are using, this is not really workable though for me as i always need aftersun in the evening :oops: i try to use a lemon scented perfume now as i simply cannot use none at all! last year i used DKNY in the tall glass bottle as it is very citrusy, not sure if it made much difference but it did not make it any worse! i have resigned myself to the fact that most preventative measures are not much more than old wives tales and i just expect them now-and the worst thing is, my boyfriend does not get one :roll: :roll: !!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.