Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We've been using Sin Kov for years and it does work really well, even on Greek mosquitoes.
Agree with Sue Mackey - I know in this country I am prone to bites.

When I spoke to my chemist he suggested vitamin B. Start a couple of weeks before the trip taking one a day then build up to 2 a day when away. Also using the plug in mozzie control in the room all day. I have never been bitten so far whilst abroad.

Dave
i usually have a target printed on me when it comes to mozzies but i havent been bitten for last 2 years :tup end aug early sept is when we go. i was told its usually when the nights come in colder that the mozzies bite..
i got my tablets today from the doc so hopefully i'll be fine this year

suzie :)
i've probably left it too late now to order from avon but will certainly give the johnsons off a whirl when i'm there! let you all know how it works for me when i get back!
You can get next day delivery from Avon if you order online - costs a bit extra, but worth it if it works and avoids you getting bitten to death. The SSS is on special offer at the moment too, so the saving would pay for the extra delivery charge. That's what I did, as I realised at the start of the week I'd finished my last bottle - and we go off to Turkey on Sunday. Ordered it on Tuesday and it arrived the next day! Sorted - and hopefully no bites!
Didn't get any bites last week :D but it might have been because it was so hot! :sun2

Also used the lemon spray that was recommended by a few locals as well as our transfer rep.
we use the lemon spray, and avon dry oil.......

use the "off" for just spraying round our ankles......and have not been bitten, except at the airport.....
I'm just back from Icmeler, and although I'm a magnet for mozzies, this time I only got bitten twice - on the hand - and that must either have been on arrival at Dalaman Airport or shortly after arrival at the resort. As usual for me, I took a bad reaction to the bites, and in the morning, my hand was swollen and the bites were infected. Had to get two lots of tablets and ointment from the pharmacy, which did work quickly I must admit.
However, for the rest of the holiday, I religiously smothered myself in the Avon Skin So Soft dry oil spray and didn't get a single bite from then on, although hubby and son picked up a few. I won't be venturing anywhere without the SSS from now on, believe me! Nothing has worked for me before - tried almost everything anyone can recommend, but the SSS did seem to do the trick this time.
Been going to Turkey for 7 years, always take the Jungke forumla with me plus antihistamine cream as I am paranoid about getting loads of bites. NEVER had a problem. i splash the jungle formula on the first couple of nights, then realise that there arent any mosquitos anyway. Stayed in Olu Deniz, Marmaris and done gulet cruises, normally in September.
The only problem I have with some of the actual insect repellents themselves, such as Jungle Formula etc, is that I have sensitive skin and find some of them cause a reaction. Does anyone else have a similar problem with them?
Hubby & i would take allergic reactions to mozzi bites but since using Avon skin so soft (soft & fresh greenish bottle ) for 3 yrs now we havent been bit. In turkey last year it was funny to see the mozzies actually coming near then flyin off again. :D
Just back from Marmaris,12 of us went,none of us used repellent,and only one person had 2 bites. :wave:
I,m in Icmeler now (sorry ıf thıs looks strange I keep mıstakıng some of the keys on the Turkısh keyboard) and not been bıtten. OH has been usıng the lemon spary too and got bıtten yesterday - just before she applıed lemon spray!!!!

Dave
Talking of mozzy bites. I was asleep the other night and I was woken by the sound of a mozzie whizzing past my ear again and again. I remembered I had some of that lemon cologne in my beside cupboard. Got some out and splashed it on my arms. I wasn't bothered by that gnat again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.