Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
No, I'm not dead and I didn't give up!

In October I started proceedings using the MoneyClaim online service from HM Court Service, claiming the cost of the replacement Monarch flight and expenses for having to chase them so hard. MYT took their full allowances to both acknowledge and then respond to the claim which they eventually denied at the end of November. So the HMCS transferred the case to my local court who sent us another form to decide whether to have a court hearing. I wrote out my case using legal advice from two government websites and submitted it and MYT presumably sent in their standard "we aren't liable for anything" response. After Christmas the court wrote to us accepting my claim for a hearing and giving a date for court (which they got wrong the first time but I'll let them off).

I got home from work today to find a cheque from MYT on my doormat! Obviously they still deny any liabilty etc. etc. and my case can't be used as an example in any further cases but I've got my money back. The stupid thing from their point of view is that way back in May I just asked for a refund of the MYT flight. In the end they've paid out for the dearer replacement flight, expenses, court costs and their own staff time in handling the complaint - anywhere between 5 and 10 time the original claim! And if in May they had just said "sorry, bit of a mix up in the office" and given me my money back without a fuss I'd still be prepared to do business with them. I wonder if their new German owners realise what goes on in Rochdale.

I just wish I'd kept the direct line number of the bloke in Programme Management who so smugly said "that's just not going to happen" when I asked for the refund originally.
Thanks for the update Steve - and well done!

Such a shame they didnt concede at the beginning - would have saved a lot of hassle.

Kath x
I just wish I'd kept the direct line number of the bloke in Programme Management who so smugly said "that's just not going to happen" when I asked for the refund originally.

And that is just what they bank on most people believing Steve, well done for standing up to them and getting a great result. :tup
Well done Steve that is excellent news. Good for you in perservering with your claim. Alot of people would have just given up and that is probably what these Companies rely on.

Really pleased for you and once again well done.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.