Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
hi
i've been using my flex account card abroad for years now, not only are there no charges, but you get a better exchange rate as well

:lol:

gazz
Too true. Back in April got a rate of 0.73 from Thomas Cook (would never get anything from them again even starter money) but was getting 82-83 in Cyprus
Can you open an account solely for that purpose ?

Cat
Can you open an account solely for that purpose ?

Cat

Can't see why not as long as you put money in there.

Their credit card is commission free if used for purchases or meals etc.
If you check the Nationwide website it gives you all the details on the charges and accounts available to use abroad plus how to go about opening one http://www.nationwide.co.uk/travel

Basically it's the current account (Flex) and the Natiowide Credit Card....be aware though you can't withdraw cash on the credit card without incurring charges whether in the UK or Abroad :wink:
But the current account is completely fee free :D

Happy Hols
I opened an account before we went (altho 6 weeks later Im still waiting for my pin number :shock: but I had my statement through today with the transactions for our recent holiday to Protaras, the worst exchange on the statement was 82.56 with most of the conversions being done around 83.5-83.9 :) much better than we got here before we went, and in most cases better than a lot of the exchange places in Protaras too :)
And no charges, which makes it even better!

Karen x
Thanks i will look into opening one .Hope we are not to late though, we go in 3 weeks.

Cat
Cat if you are going to try it in that space of time, do go into the branch and open the account rather than doing it online ~ online takes a lot longer to get everything processed and sent through and you set it up in the same way, still have to provide proofs of docs... :) but 3 weeks should be ok if you go into a branch SOON :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.