Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
new airport
9 Posts
Good to hear that you had a good time in the Marhaba Palace :tup

Would you mind adding an review to update our review section for this hotel http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/tunisia/port-el-kantaoui/marhaba-palace-hotel/

Thanks
Graham
Its time the Reps stopped telling fibs!
They must think we are all stupid and have never been abroad before.
We never fill the forms in on the aircraft now, did it a few years ago,more junk
mail & telephone calls.
A proper form should contain questions about, airports you travel from & to,what
you think about prices they charge,your flight & service,customs/immigration on
landing ( quickness at getting through ) transfers,reps,hotel & holiday.
No telephone numbers or address, there is no need to put these on.because the
company know you are on the flight, stuff the free holiday :glynis
I just got back yesterday from Tunisia, coming through Enfidha airport.
Yes, the airport is very good, a significant improvement over Monastir, and an easier transfer to PEK and Sousse.
I believe it is illegal under Tunisian law to export any of their currency - so it is a good idea to change any significant amount in the terminal after checkin but BEFORE passport control. You may need to show both your passport and money purchase receipts.
The rate offered yesterday to BUY dinars from travellers was 2.273 to the UK pound, which compares not too badly with the rate you buy for of about 2.17 at present.
After passport control an official looking guy was stopping all European looking travellers asking how many dinars they still held.
I don't know what would have happened if anyone confessed to a lot, possibly confiscation under the law.
It is true that dinars can be used to buy food and drinks (but NOT duty free) after passport control - but I guess that folk retaining a lot of dinars to go back to the UK might hit trouble....and I don't know why one might want to do this anyway.
Just to let you know Graham,i've now added my hotel review.
Officially we have always been informed that Tunisian dinars are not to be taken out of the country but being a regular visitor I have always done so to save time on my return and have never been stopped or even asked. I have heard of people being stopped but you can rest assured that any currency which has been confiscated has gone directly into the pocket of the official concerned and the Tunisian government has not seen a millim of it. ;-)
Just to let you know Graham,i've now added my hotel review.

Thanks for adding your very detailed and comprehensive review :tup
Aslemma wrote:
Officially we have always been informed that Tunisian dinars are not to be taken out of the country but being a regular visitor I have always done so to save time on my return and have never been stopped or even asked. I have heard of people being stopped but you can rest assured that any currency which has been confiscated has gone directly into the pocket of the official concerned and the Tunisian government has not seen a millim of it. ;-)

I was asked, and I said I had 20 dinar. He didn't ask me to change it. He didn't check either, so I could have gone in with 100 dinar.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.