Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
hmmm- have spent a good while this evening and its now looking like it might be Barbados( just a bit away from the Far East :rofl )
Fiona,that wasmy 2nd choice,have you found anything good?? I know this is not the right forum,looks like we may be off to Bali :tup
£700 from Aberdeen.
But stick with Bali- you will love it. Just remember to include Ubud as I swear it will be the highlight of the holiday :)
Will most definitely include Ubud,looks like my kind of place
In regards to Air Asia remind me never to fly with them.

People on my Bali forum have had their flights to KL cancelled and basically left high and dry. They can either get a full refund or reschedule for a later date. They have now had to rearrange their flights to Bali and all accommodation. With Bali booming at the moment and the start of Ramadan it's going to be a difficult task.

Asia Asia can be as cheap as chips but if it's unreliable... it's no good to us.

Cheers Geri *5 weeks 6 days to go and it's Phuket here we come :cheers
I've found Aberdeen to Bangkok flights for £680 through dial a flight. From London its £650. Cheapest they have to KL is £750. Bangkok was with Scandavian airlines. They didn't have the best prices for Penang though.
Hi there, mmmmmmmmm not sure now if AirAsia are dodgy I am having 2nd thoughts :think
Apparently Finnair are having an Asia fare sale for the end of this year if that helps anyone?
Actually I did find some half decent fares on thier website yesterday , they have Manchester - Bangkok for £650 incl tax next July.

I am still wondering where to go , I do fancy Bali , but the choice is Qatar airways with a 7 hour wait in Doha airport !!!!!!!
or chance Air Asia, not sure which is worst :think
We did Bali via KL on MAS last year, not too much of a lay over either, not sure what the prices are coming up at though at the moment
We flew with Qatar to Bali from Manchester three months ago. The transit time in Doha was only a couple of hours. The Doha- Bali flight stopped of for 45 min. or so in KL. for passengers, but you wer'nt allowed off. Qatars web site is'nt the best, mabey the long transit is the winter timetable, it might be worth giving them a ring. We found them first class and the journey not as tiring as we expected. Alan
Thanks, the connection time is dreadful, maybe they have changed thier schedule ?? still wondering what to do , Singapore Airlines have great connection times , but the Manchester - Denpasar costs £1100 pp!!

Maybe I will look at the Perhentian islands :think
I might just give Air Asia a go. Can get reasonable prices to BKK and then £160 for the 2 of us Penang(return) It will give us a good excuse to book a day in BKK each way too :)
But also looking at Hanoi(£180 return)
Fiona , I am wondering shall I give them a go to? It would make Bali much more affordable, I could spend a night or 2 in KL in both directions (not your fave city I know) , if the Air Asia flights from KL to Denpasar fell through then it would be about £440 return instead of £100 ish !!

decision time soon, feel like I am going round in circles from Perhentian isles, to Bali, to Barbados , to Ko Phangan :yikes

Where would you twin with Hanoi Fiona ?
it has to be BKK Shirley - as that is the best deal flight wise( and that is a bonus :) )
Phoned Hayes and Jarvis today , was quoted £3090 for the 2 of us using Singapore airlines from Manchester to Bali, staying 13 nights at the griya santrian on 12 July, don't think it's a bargain really :think but think I will have to pay it if I want a better airline.
:yikes
that is a lot. Haven't really priced Bali this year as OH is adamant we have to go somewhere else for a change
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.