Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Do you mean for travel post July 15th, and pre August 31st?

Some airlines (e.g. Thai) have not yet released their fares.

However (just using Bangkok as an example) there are a couple of sub £600 fares for peak season, but IT fares you have to book accommodation with.

Mmm - don't you have to travel from Aberdeen, or Islay, or somewhere up North?
yes- I will going from Aberdeen. Can book sep flights to London if need be though. We are looking at going from 10th July. Sub £600 to Bangkok?? I could only come up £945 :yikes Would love to go to Hanoi but I just cant find any way we can afford the prices I'm getting( am going to Belize later and so need to watch what I'm paying for this holiday)
This thread might be handy for a lot of folks. Perhaps people could add any good deals they have found for next summer?
Fiona I was going to put this topic in myself today but you beat me to it, the prices for next summer seem extortionate, we paid £580 pp this year for emirates to Bangkok the cheapest I have found for the same date next year is £669 ,I blame the price of fuel.

And Virgin to Barbados :offtop sorry for a package was £929 this year it is £1059 next year just a basic 2 star ,really don't know what to do :que

I phoned Kuoni the other day for a quote on a Bangkok / Bali 2 centre and they didn't bother to call me back :really

If anyone does see any good deals for July Far East way ,please feelfree to share them with me :)
Not the Far East, more like the Far North West... it might be Blackpool for you girls :sun2 if the fuel prices don't settle down. As for us we'll have to pitch a tent up on the foreshore.

Cheers Gerry
Just thought you may like to know of what camping on our foreshore is all about. We have done it many times when our kids were little. However, they are adults now with their own families and we sold the camper after they flew the nest.

http://www.visitvictoria.com/displayobject.cfm/objectid.10D67B03-998E-40B2-9A85D21541753C5E/

Cheers Geri
Geri your option looks a lot more appealing than Blackpool :rofl

Fiona I am looking at similar dates to you so let me know what you see , I looked at flights to Bali today but my date of the 12th July flight only Singapore airlines is £1050 through travelbag !!
I have been looking at Thomson worldwide today and they have 2 weeks at the Marriott Hua Hin in July approx £900 12 july - thought it good value , just not what I am looking for this time,that is with Qatar flights and from Manchester.
Me too Fiona,just so expensive ,did you find anything at all??

I have seen 2 weeks at the Griya Santrian from London Heathrow for £940 12 July ,Qatar airways , Thomson.
me too Fiona ,always do twin or triple centre, where are you thinking of?
I thought flights were pretty expensive for next year too

Our flights on Singapore Air for Singapore and Vietnam came in just under £800 each for next June- was amazed how expensive it was to fly through Bangkok thats always been the cheapest route to the far east but that seems to changing

Try looking at flights on Air Asiana (I think) were some decent prices coming up with them, going through Seoul.
Calhorn you beat me to it.

Have you thought of Air Asia for your 2nd destination. There is a huge 0$ + tax deal on at the moment for travel from 1st April 09 - 31 July 09.

One of the things to know about Air Asia is that luggage is restricted to 15kg (not sure if you can buy more weight) and that you need to allow PLENTY of time if you have an international connecting flight.

As Asia is a point to point to point airline, I understand it doesn't transfer baggage to other aircrafts/airlines.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Geri
A few pointers I hope!

Malaysia Airlines rather unusually drop their prices from August 07, so looking at any of their destinations you should be able to get around £750 for Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia for around those dates.
However, they are instant purchase fares, but that's including the £300+ in tax.

Tip - For those flying to Indo, they have started a KL - Jogyakarta flight which will be pretty empty. The biggest problem for Malaysia Airlines to Bali is their connecting flight is normally full. So consider going to Jogya for your 'culture' for 4-5 days before heading for the beach! I did it in May - love the place, stayed at Losari Coffee Plantation which was amazing (and 3 hours from the airport).

For Thailand & Malaysia, ask a Tour Op to look at Etihad as they have released cheap IT fares that will include 3 nights accommodation minimum, or for those of you living not in the South East, China Airlines offer cheap flight only to Bangkok via Amsterdam (using KLM), but not from Aberdeen it seems i'm afraid Fiona (Glasgow??).

For those using Air Asia, personally I would NEVER use them to connect to an International flight back to the UK - that is inviting disaster in my book!

Edit - my hot tip for 2009 - Lombok ;)
It's only three weeks ago that we booked flights for mid March to mid April with Dialaflight, traveling with Aisiana to Oz, we got them for £700 and I've just done a trawl today and the nearest price on offer anywhere is at least £100 dearer, so it looks as if the situation is'nt getting any better Alan
Try THG, they are offering good deals on Eva Air and Qatar, and they were, but don't know if they still are, part of TUI
Think I may be getting somewhere now,I have found Emirates flights Manchester to Kuala Lumpur for £645 incl tax , then Air Asia KL to Bali £104 return!! would do a couple of nights in KL en route in both directions ,seems agood price to me - that is my evening taken care of - I will be looking at hotels :)
sounds good- am going to have another look this weekend. Quite fancy Penang but have to be honest and say I wasn't too sure about KL. Might try it again for a couple of days but I'd rather not. Loved my hotel though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.