America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
If it's Florida you're thinking of you'll find some useful advice HERE and throughout the forum (I'm not merging this type of question any more as it becomes too complicated with different members replying to different questions....we need a multi-quote button please Van! ;) ).

Pippy :)
thanks Pippy I have looked at some other threads already (found some good links for villa sites) but couldn't find anything about when flights become available and wasn't sure if the prices I have found on globespan and Thomas cook were good or bad
To be honest I'd wait until January 09. Most companies have a sale on flights in January and the prices are pretty much impossible to beat these days I have found.

That's what I would do.

Cheers,

TC
i think those prices,are expensive.the trouble with booking thomas cook,first choice etc,is that they put,their prices up,around the school hols,thats why we always book sheduled,as they don't tend to do this.
i think united,usairways etc,are a good bet,but they only come out,11 months in advance.
tracy
are the scheduled flights likely to be direct from Glasgow or will they be via somewhere (sorry I am totaly ignorant re transatlantic flights)
I don't find any direct flights listed.
Have a look at http://www.Kayak.com - you won't be able to book via them- just search then go to the airline of your choice website - but their info will show you all who fly those routes and it searches 150 sites so lots of selections for you- it looks like American Airlines is most convenient for you at present- I put in your dates but for 2008 and prices about $940 came up. You won't be able to book with a US carrier until 330 days prior to your trip.
We go to America two weeks today and booked our flights with First Choice 18 months in advance and got them for 599 per adult :)
I booked my flights to Vegas (in the middle of September) back in the January sales and got them for £540 with Virgin.

Cheers,

TC
I booked our flights for October 2009 back in April 2008 as soon as they were released by Thomsonfly.
Hi fionay,

Just to add........I don't know if you realised but most of the scheduled flights will not fly direct to Orlando International airport so there would be a connection on the way. Except for Virgin but I believe they only fly in the summer months from Glasgow to Orlando, might be worth checking with them. The charter airlines (like Thomas Cook etc) will fly direct into Orlando Sanford.

:)
thanks for the replies We have decided to go for the flyglobespan flights as they are direct and because we can return on the Friday (13 nights) which gives us sat and sun night at home before returning to work on Monday. I appreciate the advice given but because we are so restricted on dates just did not want to take the risk of leaving it until January
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.