Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
there are somewhere in the region of 100 beaches on the island - none of which are realistically more than 30/40 mins drive from wherever you are on the island (the majority can be reached by bus)

google beaches maps

the ironic thing is that those 3 beaches are probably the last beaches we'd suggest anyone to go to anyway - there are far far nicer beaches around the island
that's good to know! I'm a first timer, so just wanted to see those three beaches but have planned to hire a car and explore the island. any specific recommendations of other beaches?

Cheers!
oops. just noticed your link - thanks a lot.
a quick list: anyone of these:

benirras, cala moli, agua blanca, cala boix, cala d'hort (great view of es vedra from here), pou des leo, Cala Gracio or Cala Gracioneta, salinas, es bol nou, cala des multons (take the left path when youre at at port de san miguel beach), cala xarraca, cala mastella
Just got home yesterday,Cala LLonga beach is 1.60 euros away by bus,Nice beach and cafes in Cala LLonga,Hope this helps, We new nothing of the disaster until we read it in the paper at the airport on the way home, Have a GREAT hol :( :( :(
What about all these people who've booked to stay 'right on the beach' at these closed beaches?
If I were going to Playa D'en Bossa I'd be well ticked off if the beach over the road was closed!
Many people go on holiday for a relaxing break spending days on the beach and I can't see it being very relaxing cramming onto a bus everyday!
the beaches are not closed - you just can't go in the sea. no great change from a week ago when the beaches were not closed and you couldn't go in the sea because of the jellyfish.

i was at cala moli yesterday, nowhere near the spillage, and couldn't swim because of the jellyfish.
have the jellyfish just appeared recently then??
Because we only came home 2 weeks ago and never saw one in 2weeks at Playa Den Bossa, we were swimming loads
the beaches are not closed - you just can't go in the sea

According to the papers, the beaches were/are closed to the public.
http://www.euroresidentes.com/Blogs/2007/07/oil-spill-reaches-ibiza.html
http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article2768253.ece
Many people go on holiday for a relaxing break spending days on the beach and I can't see it being very relaxing cramming onto a bus everyday!

Just picture the scenario, sweltering heat, cramming on a bus, 2 kids in tow with their bucket and spades and the buggies. :roll:

Sanji
as the earlier poster said the beaches are in use, you just cant go in the sea we came back yesterday so the papers must be wrong.
I had read that the beaches were closed so they could clean up the mess!
Anyway a swim would be nice if you're on the beach!
Me& the missus was on playa den bossa beach wednesday looking at a huge red liner in the distance, we noticed other boats around the little island. We came home on that night, so thats what all the fuss was about!
i have people staying in my villa who didn't even know anything had happened!
Hi , i have just returned from es cana on sun 22/07. on the 19/07 the oil arrived on the beach although it was not closed and we wernt informed, it was there my hubby and i got it all over our feet , the next day tubes of eco absorb were placed out at sea to stop further leaks ! the beach was still open when we left .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.