Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Try Thomas Cook, I've found them the cheapest.

Unless you have young children or the elderly, it's well worth booking the sea-view rooms.

They are away for the main hotel & up a steep slope, BUT the views are pretty & it's nice & quite up there.

I think it's well worth it.

The staff at this hotel are FANTASTIC. It's a nice place, but they make it extra special.

If you got any more questions, give me a shout.
Kim
Thanks kim...my kids arnt that young...will be 11 and 8 when we go away but we are always popping back to the room ,do u think the seaview rooms would be right for us?...and we have been quoted £2600 for 4 of us in august by cosmos...do u think we could get it cheaper...many thanks...nicole
Try Thomas cook web site & First Choice as well.

If you are always poping back to your rooms the distance might drive you mad to the sea-view rooms.
Also I think the standard rooms are on the small side & the sea-views are bigger, but hell how much time do you spend in you room on holiday anyway.

Are you all in the one room then or do you book two rooms?

There are two tiny pools & a limited bar with the sea-view rooms, but you gotta trek to the main site for everything else?

Def, try pricing it with ALL the companies that go there, have you tried Portland as well, they can be cheap too.

You will really like it, have your Turkish bath as soon as you get there, at the hotel next door (& have the rose oil massage afterwards)

Kim
PS be careful of your baggage weight, we got stung for £50 on our return through Dalaman.

They didn't weigh my hand bag, but they did my sisters!!

Her & her husband got stung for £35!

Kim
We are all in one room usually..last year i think as my son is 11 next year...will try portland as i have heard they are cheap...thanks...nicole
Blimy kim thats alot...luckily we always seem to be way under...dunno how we do it with everyone complaining about the weight allowance lol....nicole
Been pricing this hotel up and as last year cosmos seem to be the cheapest...they are quoting £2600...all the rest are over £3000..has anyone else found this and also any comments about this hotel appreciated....nicole
Hi Nicole :D

Haven't been myself, but we were on a trip this summer and I spoke to a couple who were staying there and they were really enjoying it.

I tried to get a look around it but security stopped me, when they saw I was wearing the wrong (ie BB) wristband. I was actually quite impressed by this as I'm never sure they are checking.

It looked really pretty, nice gardens, with flowers and bouganvillia everywhere. Just IMHO but I do check alot of prices and I would say 2600 for 4 in the August school holidays is a good price for this hotel assuming the deal is AI.

Doe :D
Thanks Doe..yes it is 1st 2 weeks in august and 4 of us.The reviews look really good and it says it is going ultra alinc for next year....nicole
Looking at the Olu Deniz Resort hotel for summer.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they were planning to build another (much needed) pool over last winter.

Does anyone know if it actually happened ?
Can see anything on the news section.

http://www.oludenizresorthotels.com/

take a look
Someone on another forum has asked the hotel direct, and apparently the new additional pool is finished.
Having stayed here for the last two years, I see this year they have become ultra inclusive for the 2007 season.

Can anyone report back as to what has been added from last year ??

Lot's of talk and rumours, but yet to hear from anyone that has visited ??

Hi bartman...... i too would be interested in this new concept of ultra all inclusive....what doe's it mean from the normal all inclusive.....we go in september so look forward to any reports as well......thanks Gavin 8)
We are going ultra AI but to the Larespark- again don't really know how it differs to any other decent AI. The name suggests it should be better but I don't know how :?

Pam :D
I'm not 100% but I think it might mean that motorised watersports are included.
I think I read somewhere that they are getting LCD TV's (but then again I could be talking rubbish there, LOL).
Mind you who's sad enough to watch TV on holiday, oh yes my TV addict hubby, lol.

Look forward to your report, I was there last year, when it was normal AI.
Great place, it's a four star & while I think the Aegean Dream Resort Hotel 5 star was fab, I think the Olu Deniz Resort Hotel is a little better for actual food served.
I think for this hotel it means 24 hour allinc,some international brands and some cocktails
I agree I think it will mean 24 hour and international brands of alcohol. But you need to check with TO or the hotel.

Doe
Just been offered a week AI in June here for £250 pp

Does this sound about right?

:?:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.