Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Where did you get the price for the apartment from, Marchmont? It could be the right price! Check if it says 'total price'.
Lot of people come to Dalyan as separate flight and accomodation rather than package deals. £24 per day does sound right for an apartment.

If you come here under your own steam then it makes it much better for the hoteliers in the area.

Coming via Istanbul isn't actually too bad, done it myself before and you can time it for a night or two stay in Istanbul.
It does say total cost per room based on four sharing. I wouldn't mind coming via Istanbul but with two kids 7 and 4 they might not like the three plane journeys. Just need to get the price of the flights down a bit and it could be Daylan.
Hi Marchmont,

When are you looking to travel and how long?

With all the expertise available on this site, perhaps someone will be able to assist with cheaper flight prices?
Hello again Marchmont.

Having had a quick look it seems as there are only 2 flight options for Edinburgh/Dalaman.

The major tour operators and flight only agencies all seem to use Pegasus Airways, hence all have similar prices of around £280 - £300 each.

The second option is Onur Air, whose flights are available in the UK through www.holidays-4u.co.uk or 0870 444 3843.

Depends on when you are looking to travel, but having put in a number of speculative dates, I am getting prices of around £179 each.

Hope that this helps.
Marchmont Par..i have done a couple of D.I.Y trips to Dalyan & have just put my latest one on this forum see "not what it seems"title... cant help you with flights from bonny scotland as i fly from Stansted but can give you some help with good places to stay in Dalyan...if you want any info feel free to p.m me..WAKI :fly
Thanks for that peeps.I think we are deffo going to go with the DIY package. It's the flying from Edinburgh scenario, the best flights I can get are £989 for all four of us from Glasgow 29th July and back on 13th August. Given that the accomodation is only £336 for the 14 days, that's still way cheaper than the best package deal.
Anyone with recommendations for accomodation in Daylan please.
Hi Marchmont

Given your dates, Holidays 4 U price is £916, for 4 flying from Edinburgh.
Thanks for that Ludden mate, can't see me getting better than that to be honest. Teleflight were offering the same flights for...£1,200, not a bad wee profit for them...
The portakal hotel is excellent but may be a bit more than you are mentioning. Ercieyes Hotel is run by a British guy and is reasonably priced with a very friendly atmosphere. Also there is the Eser Apart Hotel which is good value for money and centrally located. There are links to all of these at http://www.dalyanholiday.co.uk.
Sorted, flights with Onur £916 and accomodation booked at Ozalp. Cheers People :)
Glad you are now sorted. Have a great time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.