Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Parque Santiago 3
180 Posts
Hi Fiona,

Thanks for the suggestion. PS3 have said that they're trying to allocate rooms etc. away from the works. I'll wait and see what happens, chances are they won't be working all day and in any case there's always the beach.......

7 weeks on friday :D , can't wait.

cheers
Andy
Another site to try is http://www.tenerifesunvacations.co.uk - they are in our local village which is how I came across them.

We're going to a villa again in 2.5 weeks time. Found them very good and high standards.

Ali
I have received a letter from the tour company saying that building work to the childrens' pool and area is running behind and will not be completed until late August but I am going on the 3rd of August. Does anybody know anything about this?
Hi ScouseSarah21
Just in case you didn't see it.
This was mentioned before here,by Snoman on 15th May,although there's not very much information.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=979976
Hi ScouseSarah21
We've probably got similar letters from the Tour Ops.
If it's any help, I'll be back two weeks before you travel and I'll post details on return.
Hope it doesn't cause too much disruption for you all,but as you said Snoman(Andy),the beach is right on your doorstep and is lovely. :)
thanks snowman - that would be of help to me
We got letter too and go in five weeks.
We were told it was the kids park and pool which is abit away from the actual pool, so shouldnt make too much difference. The main pool is massive.
Our grandaughter played mostly in the main pool which is quite shallow at the ends. If you have a 5 minute walk along the beach towards the patch, theres a park just near macdonalds. So they dont have to miss out on teh swings.
Will let you knwo when we get back early july what it was like my dear.
thanks dora. I'm not bothered about the kids' pool and playground being out of use because I won't be using it anyway - I was more concerned about the noise!
Just back today from Tenerife, Parque Santiago 3.
There is definately building work going on. Big job going on where old kiddies area was. Huge site and looks like it will be going on for some time... All this area is very dusty and quiet noisy. Dumpers and Bobcats driving in and out through side access ramp on to street. This might be dangerous for kiddies walking around.Luckily for us we were staying in the Gran Canaria block at the complete opposite side and to be honest here and even at the main pools you couldn't hear any noise.This wasnt much consolation for us with a two and a half year old looking for kiddies pool.There is a play area in Santiago 4 but there isnt any kiddies pool there as far as we could see.There seems to be some work going on around in different appartments in the hotel blocks but nothing to annoying.Try and avoid if possible these apparment blocks and ye should be ok "El Hierro" "La Gomera" "Tenerife" and "La Palma"
http://www.parquesantiago.com/
There is also a load of digging in the center of Las Americas around Veronicas and there is also sewage work started on pedestrian road to Los Christianos at back of Julius Caesar 5 star hotel.
All in all this is still an ideally located Hotel and and even with the road works we had a great holiday.
We ate in "Montanas" up towards the Patch alot and just a bit of bad news for anyone who is going in June as they are closed for hols for the whole month.For anyone going after June make sure and give them a try. Excellent breakfasts and dinners too. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad you had a great holiday pq16. Thanks for the information. I'm not going to the apartments until Oct, but happy to be staying at the Fuerteventura side anyway. :)
Still a fantastic area of PDLA,as you said,even with some slight inconveniences. :)
Hi Snoman

We've just come back from PSIII and had a great holiday. We were put in an apartment in the 'Fuerteventura' block. This was excellent, as on the right hand side we could see Mt Tiede and on the left we had a view to the see and some of the pool area. We were also on the total opposite side to where the childrens playground is being refurbished-thankfully!

One day I took a walk down the side of the building works to see what was happening. WOW!!!!! A cement mixer continuosly droning, being filled-emptied-filled, to provide ammunition for a VERY noisy concrete pump which is being used to fill a ground area containing re-inforecement rods. A lot of workmen.

If I were you I'd definitely try and get as far away as possible. It might be that by the time you go the works will have subsided, I don't know. We e-mailed reception about a fornight before we went and politely asked for a room with a pool/sea view on a high floor in both English and Spanish. When we arrived our room wasn't ready, which was a little frustrating, but it was worth the wait.

Good Luck
Mlinley,

I wonder if you could take the time to put a review of the hotel in our Tenerife hotel reviews section please. You'll find the place to put the review here Your post could be the basis for an expanded review enabling you to give details about the staff, food and anything else you think relevant.

Thanks
Hi all, My brother is stoping in PS3 now , , he rang me yesterday and i asked about the work , now his apartment is above the oasis bar , so quite near to the work , he said there putting in a new pool for the children , but he was surprised at how little noise came from it , and he is really close , ill get more info when he gets back on friday

kirk :D
We are going to playas las americas parique santigo 3 in july and have just been informed by our travel agent that there is building works going on there at the moment and they wont be finished till mid july. Just wondering was any one dere lately and did they notice it or are they very bad.
Please see Tenerife2003 post above.
Tenerife2003
Thanks for the info about the works in the play area - when you have been have you ever seen the building next to the play area being used? It looks like a kids club but I have been going to PS3 for a fair number of years now but have never seen it open.
Can you find out what other alterations they are doing to the play area - maybe they are knocking this building down and extending the kids area - to be honest they need to do something to keep the kids entertained as the inflatables ban will affect the kids enjoyment in the main pool.
Thanks in advance.
mlinley,

thanks for the update, we'll see how things are in 3 weeks.

cheers.
Hi allmen
Review added as per your request

Snoman
Please keep us informed upon your return as we may well be going back to PSIII in October........so the wife says!!!

Enjoy

Thanks for that would have replied sooner but was on my hols :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.