Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Parque Santiago 3
180 Posts
I was at Parque 3 last week right next to the building work and at times it was fairly loud.

Luckily I nkew in advance thanks to this site and I have a 2.5 year old so I was up before 8 each morning.

they worked from 8 till 2 than 4:30 til 8pm. The real noise seemed to be kept so all the noice was on at 1 time.

After a couple of days of the cement mixer being on all day they brought in a brand new silent mixer so things were a lot better.

I could also live with the noise as I know the next time I go my 3 year old will have a great new play area.

what they are doing does look excellent, massive lagoon type pool etc.

If you are round the other side or near the smaller heated pool you do not hear the noise much at all.

It really didn't impact our holiday.
Well we're here and have a room overlooking the building works. Already, we're used to the low noise levels. Not too much of a problem at all. From the pool area the noise is barely audible. The pool staff have also relaxed the inflatables ban. When they do enforce it, all they do is ask that you move to the shallower end.

Time to go back out to the sunshine!!!!!!

Andy.
Oh andy my mate is there now.

say hello to her for me will you
Just wondering if anyone has heard when the building work will be finished.Were hoping to go back at the end of September and wondered if the new kiddies area will be in operation by then :?:
Not sure when they'll be finished but each day more builders seem to appear... They're still pouring concrete for staircases etc.

Andy.
Hi Everybody, hope I can get some advice,

We (2 adults 2 kids 7&4) are arriving in Parque Santiago 3 on August 3rd for 2 weeks. It's our 1st trip to PS3 and my questions are :

Is it worth mailing/ringing ahead to ask for any specific part of the complex to stay in? We usually like to look out on the pool and the sea. Is this possible in PS3 or are their better positions in the complex? Any advice is wecome.

We received a note from our travel agent saying work was going on and is due to finish mid August, does anybody have any up to date info on this? Is the noise/mess likely to spoil our stay?

All help is greatly appreciated
Colm
I am arriving too on 3rd August for 2 weeks for the first time. We also received a letter from the tour operator (First Choice) regarding the building work. We are going to email the place to try and find out where they have put us - hopefully away from the building work!
I sent an email last month regarding a room request and still have heard nothing.

is there a site where i can translate to spanish so i can fire off a spanish email aswell ?
We have rang PS3 and asked for the reservations office and they have provided us with ground floor appts as requested. Very helpful. Reservations office seems to open only during the day.We rang PS3 only last week and the lady in reception said that she did not think the new kiddies pool would be finished for September.
Does anyone know if these apartments have any hair dryers or irons..........Parque Santigo 3. Thanks a million
Pretty sure there is no hair drier in the appts and 100 percent sure theres no iron. More packing for you.
Thanks a million pg16. You said it. :oops:
Letter from direct holidays arrived this morning..

advises the pool work isnt expected to be completed till end of august...

in the letter it states that ps3 have agreed to place people away from the area getting the work done.

oh, also says the work they are carrying out is to include flumes and a mini waterpark for the kids.
No they dont, unless you rent privately from an owner, in which case you will have a lot more "home comforts".
Scottb,

I just got back today from PS3, we were also told that people were being located away from the building works... We ended up overlooking the builders!! However we didn't find the noise too much of a problem.

The new pool will include 5 slides, they were delivered yesterday and one has already been installed. Steelwork was also delivered, looked like its for a canopy?

We saw a huge difference in two weeks, walls built and painted, floors laid and the site cleaned up greatly.
Hi we are a family of 4 and are travelling aug 24/08/07 to ps3, we have had a letter regarding building work on play area, has anyone been recently? Will it spoil our holiday?
Did you not read the post above yours :lol:
My mate came back last week and she said that no building work spoiled her holiday.
Jackie uk no sorry as you can see i'm a new member, just getting use'd to this forum.Thanks for help! :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.