Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Party Square
6 Posts
Have to agree with Justjoe. Got back from Sunny Beach a couple of weeks ago and I found the Party Square to be really off putting. Didn't feel safe at night amongst the vast crowds of young people who on the whole were well behaved but very very loud and drunk. I have been going to Sunny Beach for many years now and after our recent visit will not be returning next year because of this. We will be going to Egypt next summer and although looking forward to it will miss Sunny Beach and the many friends we have made through the years in places like Malina's, Mamacitas and The Funny Pub. Its a shame because Sunny Beach is being ruined by this and is now earning a reputation for being a place to go and get cheap drink and get very drunk. It is no longer the family resort it once used to be. :cry
Sorry to hear your not going back next year.

While I dont like that one aspect of Sunny Beach, I think I know my way around well enough now to avoid the bits I dont want to see. The penny or lev will drop eventually that this party stuff isnt a long term money maker.
Interesting to note that the pub crawls are organized by the British connection. Do the rounds of their pubs then ship them onto old red London buses to Disco Orange.
Why do we have to spoil everything.

:( Toonman
Having visited Sunny Beach for many years, I agree that these bar crawls are getting out of hand. It appears the same consortium are responsible for organising these drunken nights for the younger crowd. The bars and clubs visited are all part of the same group, you just need to see their extensive advertising literature to realise the connection between all the establishments.
I have just returned home from my second visit this year and it was heartbreaking to see kids, many who look no older than 14 or 15 years in such a state!
The party crew visit 2discos and 4 party bars. For only 10lev, they get a T.shirt,1 long drink, 5 shots and 2 disco entrance fees. They are also ferried by red double decker buses from the centre to Disco Orange.
Hi

We visited Sunny Beach for the first time this year and I would agree with the comments made about the square etc. We were told that this was due to the fact that Sunny Beach had decided on 18 - 30 holidays. However having triaed it this year there was a definite feeling that it would not be happening again

Loved St Vlas and Ravda

Dee
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.