Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Soho Square
23 Posts
Long trousers for all the restaurants.
We were at Nabq and it took us 20 mins in a taxi to get there.
We're also in Nabq, but I should able to persuade the rest of our party to get out there for an evening.

Thanks for the info.

:D
Although i have been to sharm many a time, both of us have not ventured out to soho square. Wgat is it like , what's there and approximately how much for a cab from sharm to soho. Thanks x
Have you had a look at their website Michelle? http://soho-sharm.com/

The Ice Bar looks very cool :D
Yes it does look good, i am wondering how much roughly a cab would be from Naama Bay?
Its nowhere near as big as naama bay area. Theres a few local shops/duty free and some nice restaurants. Theres a big outside seating area with a bar and also and English style pub (The Queen Vic) both of these were quite pricey. I ordered one round of drinks (pint of lager and a vodka/coke) came to 105 egyptian pounds.

Every half hour or so they have a fountain display to music which is nice to see. If you have kids they can try a bit of ice skating. Then at the end near the Savoy hotel entrance there is an Ice Bar, Oxygen Bar and a Pangea nightclub.

Its only a short walk from the Sunrise, Sierra, Concorde and Hilton Sharks Bay complex's

Its definetly worth a visit as an alternative to naama
Hi ,
I stay at the Sierra all the time, so am a frequent visitor to Soho Square. Price of the rest is not expensive at all, compared to say TGI's its on a par, you would be able to make a direct comparison but if you have international or imported alcohol and bottles of wine it does make the bill expensive.
Also not sure if you know but they have opened a new Market area, maybe 20 smaller shops, all comparable to Naama bay, but you dont get hassled like you do in Naama bay. Still haggle tho! its only the bigger shop fronts that are more expensive.

If you are looking for a nice evening out, with a bit of entertainment, in a clean and safe enviroment, but without the hassle, Soho Square is the place.
Were off to Sharm on Monday staying in the Sharks Bay Area (Sunrise Island View).

We were told that Soho Square is a short distance from us ... Ive been on the webpage and seen the pubs/restaurants that they have but does anyone know if they small funfair rides for the kids ? I see they have some sort of amusement arcade thing but my kids are a bit young for that ?

If anyone has anything more on Soho Sq in general id love to hear ?

Thanks
Hi - Soho square isn't that big really. It's mostly shops and pubs, but I think I can remember seeing a couple of kiddies rides outside one of the pubs there.
Soho square is right outside the gates to your hotel, there is a bar over the rode that has a couple of toddler rides but that's it . There is a bowling alley round the back of that bar to.
cheers guys .. just wanting something to keep them occupied !
Went there last week and for some reason had low expectations, but it was really very nice, sort of upmarket looking.

The bizarre thing was I was expecting it to be a 'Square' because of the name :duh but really it's just a street with posher shops than Namma Bay, less hassle and a very nice restaurant that we ate in, that was four oriental restaurants and you chose which one once you get to the booking desk - also depends on how busy they are as to which one you can more readily get a table in, we went to the Thai and the food was good, lots of screens with changing underwater shots of coral & fish on the walls.

Loved the musical fountains as well, so pretty. Wish we had made time to go there more than once, but we didn't discover it till the end of the holiday.

Doe :sun2
Michelle, a cab from om el Seid was LE70; a pint of Sakkara in the Queen Vic was LE30, LE10 more if you wanted draught rather than bottled, soft drinks were LE15. Fish & chips there was LE52, and very nice it was too - after 7:00 (I think) that's all the food they serve in the bar area, although there is a reataurant area upstairs which we didn't use.
The shops are pretty laid back compared to Naama Bay, and the other restaurants looked really nice, I'm sure we'll try some next time.
cheers
Iain
Shirley - I have copied and pasted my reply here in case Graham doesn't want me taking the hotel thread off topic.

Hello folks,

Soho Square doesn't have many eateries, there is a pub that does steaks but I haven't been there and beleive it's expensive by Egyptian standards.

There is a group of four oriental restaurants, looks like one from the outside, but when you go upstairs they have four dining rooms/kitchens.

They are called Bombay, Mai Thai, Zen & Saffron representing the different cuisines of Indian, Thai, Chinese & Lebanese.

We ate in Zen & a 3 course meal for 2, a couple of large beers, 2 soft drinks and a large water came to 500 LE including tax and service. (this can be 18% of the cost).

Nice and a fairly upmarket experience, smart dress required but at £50 it's expensive. It really depends on what you like I guess and if you feel you need a night away from the buffet.

We could eat and drink in Namma Bay at the likes of Viva Beach & Tam Tams for about 300 LE, but you might find Naama Bay a bit scary Shirley, so I worry about suggesting it.

We dont really drink wine in restaurants in Egypt due to cost and variable quality.

Shirley - I have copied and pasted my reply here in case Graham doesn't want me taking the hotel thread off topic.

Thanks Doe :tup
If you don't mind me asking Doe, why is Naama bay scary? Is it just because of the hassle because we've got used to the hassle in Turkey or is it a lot worse. I think if it's to do with the way Egyptian men behave towards us women (don't know if it's true or just talk), I wouldn't fancy it as hubby would try and have a pop at them :duh
Only the hassle, Shirley, it seems to bother a lot of folk, but it has become like water off a ducks back to us. I am perfectly adept at blanking them and making a bee-line for whatever bar or restaurant I have set my sights on. :rofl

You will be fine, if you can cope with it in Turkey then you will be able to cope with it in Naama Bay, so no reason not to go there, i dont think it is a woman thing, more a getting your money out of you thing. :duh

Only the hassle, Shirley, it seems to bother a lot of folk, but it has become like water off a ducks back to us. I am perfectly adept at blanking them and making a bee-line for whatever bar or restaurant I have set my sights on. :rofl

You will be fine, if you can cope with it in Turkey then you will be able to cope with it in Naama Bay, so no reason not to go there, i dont think it is a woman thing, more a getting your money out of you thing. :duh

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.