Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
The Square
42 Posts
about a 10 minute walk away . my sister stayed at the levante beach apartments last year . she was pleased with them , staff were lovely .
ok thank you very much
About a 10 minute walk maybe 15 no need to get a taxi its in perfect walking distance

Cheers Lil Dee xxx :lol:
:wave all

We are staying at the hotel Orange, right on the square :wow in the 'thick' of it, cannot wait :D

kazee
going to benidorm in a few days and ive heard many people talking about benidorm square, an dim wondering if this is were the clubs n that are? if yes then how do i get to it because a didnt go to the square when i was there a few year back, 8) although i might have and just dont no it.
thanx
laureen xxxx
hi..laureen :wave yes you are quite correct in saying that the square is where a lot of the night clubs are ,.there are more else where,..where are you staying :?: because that would help in giving you directions to it .....regards...john-doe
The square is where Cafe Benidorm, Beachcomber, Lennons etc.. are situated.

I'm sure that helps - everybody's been to Cafe B!!

Have a fab time - I'm so jealous. (Hmm this time 3 weeks ago I was there).

Rachael
x
The square is just a stretch of pedestrianised road running downhill from Cafe Benidorm to Calle Gerona. You can't miss it because it's always packed with people doing hair braids, henna tattoos and hassling you to go in the clubs. There are also quite a few drug pushers but they have so many willing customers that they rarely hassle anyone who isn't actively looking for stuff. There are a few clubs there, Beachcomber is usually the busiest one. There are also much bigger clubs (Penelopes, KM, Star Garden) on the N332a road that heads towards Albir, but I would guess that these are only open in the high season as they look like they would take some filling. I'm far too old for them so I couldn't tell you what they are like!
best holiday i have ever had recomend any youngster to go there... went with a group mates now returning there for new year with my girlfreind and another bunch of mates with are girls this time cant wait just wat to b there now
We stayed at an hotel on the Square, it was buzzing all the time, quite funny watching young adults swaying home at 8 am in the morning.
The road cleaners were out and about 7 am jet spraying the square and sweeping it daily.

kazee
Beni at New Year generally has more of an older generation visiting

must agree with that, the square is dead in the winter time, other bars around benidorm are packed but the once buzzing dance floors, pounding out phatt beats, are transformed into ballroom dancefloors packed with people doing the foxtrot :lol:
Lizzie :zip

I couldn`t possibly comment on the Square, be it winter or summer, because I`ll be honest here and say that I avoid it like the plague.
This is what I like about Benidorm, the fact that you can avoid certain areas if you wish and still have plenty of choice and have a good time.
If I stayed in a small one horse town resort, I`d be pulling my hair out within a few days and the bit that Mr Sanji has left, would be no more. :lol:
Having said that, I do get peed off with the ballroom dancing.

SanJi x
Its just not my favourite area of Benidorm, but can understand its appeal for others.....i think!

Yeh, Take 40 years off me and 28 years off you Taggy and it would be THE place to go.....
Especially if we were both on the pull :lol:
Ok Ok...guess I must be gettin old after all,

:zip

SanJi x
Especially if we were both on the pull

Ayyy...them wert days lass!! I'm more likely to pull a muscle these days!:lol:

...and as for the second part....A Yorkshire Lass wi her Lips Sealed must be rarer than a Supernova!!! ...Me jest of course!! :lol:

Supernova...nows theres a name for a club...Beni entrapaneurs please note!! :lol:

The Square....not for me but no doubting its popularity!

Best Regards - Taggy :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lizzie

I couldn`t possibly comment on the Square, be it winter or summer, because I`ll be honest here and say that I avoid it like the plague.
This is what I like about Benidorm, the fact that you can avoid certain areas if you wish and still have plenty of choice and have a good time.
If I stayed in a small one horse town resort, I`d be pulling my hair out within a few days and the bit that Mr Sanji has left, would be no more.
Having said that, I do get peed off with the ballroom dancing.

SanJi x

Hi Sanji.
I meant Benidorm in general, the age group is slightly :wink: higher in the winter months, there's not many groups of youngsters, unless I don't see them, perhaps I'm tucked up in bed with my cocoa. :lol: :lol:

Lizzie.
I meant Benidorm in general, the age group is slightly higher in the winter months, there's not many groups of youngsters, unless I don't see them, perhaps I'm tucked up in bed with my cocoa.

Yes, Lizzie, I agree....
During the winter......There are more sticks in Benidorm than Sherwood Forest. :lol:
I don`t take sugar in my cocoa. :wink:

SanJi x
Does anyone know where the English Square is and how far away it is from The Flamingo Oasis Hotel as everybody says the English meet there on New Years Eve
Thanks
Hi Sparky Mark,

You could walk to the square from the Flamingo Oasis, it would probably take around 15-20 minutes dependng on how fast you walk and obvoiusly a bit longer if you have a beer on the way :glynis

A taxi would be around 4-5 euros depending on the time of day.

Hope you have a great time.

Sue :)
I went to Benidorm last year... and I was under the impression that the square was.. Champions Linekars and Bahamas... like that area... however is there more to it than this... or is it just this little stretch of bars?

Also could anyone please explain where the top road is?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.