General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi
My passport runs out March 2013.
We are going to PDC Mexico February 2013.
I realise i have to allow six months (i think) before passport ends to buy a new one, this will bring it back to October 13th 2012.
The problem i have is we want to go to Egypt around the 8 th november. If i apply via post office on the earliest date 13th October, would i get it back in time before we fly in november?

Actually not booked yet for november but mexico has.

Thanks Peeps
Michelle x
We recieved passport thursday through door everything passport office said was miss informed will be making complaint when we come back
Hi
My passport runs out March 2013.
We are going to PDC Mexico February 2013.
I realise i have to allow six months (i think) before passport ends to buy a new one, this will bring it back to October 13th 2012.
The problem i have is we want to go to Egypt around the 8 th november. If i apply via post office on the earliest date 13th October, would i get it back in time before we fly in november?

Actually not booked yet for november but mexico has.

Thanks Peeps
Michelle x

Hi Michelle ... you can renew your passport at any time, you don't have to wait until October or November. Any remaining time on your old passport will be added to your new passport, up to maximum of nine months validity.

David :wave
Thank you David, i hadnt realised it was 9 months validity, only thought it was 6. So thats better for us then, cheers :cheers
I am being a bit thick here maybe :que

I am in the process of filling in the online application form for my Boys Passports, they are 18 and 20...they both had childrens 5 year passports that have expired this year.

Now when I apply do I tick the Renewal od existing Passport or First UK Passport :duh

There are pages of guidance and I just cannot see clearly what bos i should tick and it's becoming a nightmare now...

**edited to add...

have just retrieved the Birth Certs from the safe and realised (and remebered) that one of there Birth Certifcates got water damaged and ripped a bit...all the information is very clear to see and none of the damage in anyway distorts the information, will this be excepted or will i need to get a replacement Full Birth Certificate...? (this is becoming more stressful by the minute :cry )

Thanks, Katy
I believe it's renewal Katy but I'll check and see how I interpret it . :D
Thanks Lyn...really don't need this ATM....

Katy x
It's a renewal not a first passport.

luci :wave
Reading here Katy it refer to first ADULT passport http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Passports/Applyingforyourfirstadultpassport/DG_174098

read the section that says application for young person over 16 ..
Thank you so much Lyn and Luci...

I have read through those flipping notes for about the last hour and could not, for the life of me see that :duh

Just goes to show you need a second pair of eyes at times :thanks

Katy x
It says under First Adult Passport on that link "If you have never had a child's passport"

luci :wave
I've just started a dummy application katy and see what you mean .. I'd agree with luci .. it's renewal and then it asks further down about whether you have had or been included on a previous passsport .. The first Uk passport goes through a lot more checks and an interview process I think .. The lads wont be needing that because they already have one . Tick renewal and Im sure you will be asked further down for their current passport no etc
It is a rather stressful experience .. stay calm Katy :rofl
the water damage will be fine so long as all details can clearly be read .
In fact I dont even think you need to send that in for a renewal and neither do you need the countersignature malarky if they are still clearly recognisable from their current passpsort photo . I remember checking that on the phone when I did my lads a few years ago.
Phew that's done!!!

So Lyn, when you renewed your Lads fron Children to Adult did you get the photo countersigned then? or do they accept the photo is still recognisable from child to Adult??

Katy xx
I rang them at the time when I renewed Jacks & Harrys. I was told that so long as they were still recognisable from their previous child passport it wasn't necessary .That was good enough for me so I didn't bother .This was a few years ago though so I would double check by phoning tomorrow Katy. I didn't bother with the post office check & send either and they were back in just over a week . x

edit .. The lads will still need to sign them though
Holidaymakers should avoid renewing their passport during the Olympics warns the Identity and Passport Service (IPS).

With the 2012 Games starting on 27 July, customers in London are being told to check their expiry dates now to avoid a sudden rush.

IPS is reminding customers to allow plenty of time should they need to renew their passport and leave at least three weeks for a postal application - longer if it's a first application.

Anyone wishing to renew their passport can carry over up to nine months remaining on their existing document.

Sarah Rapson, chief executive of the Identity and Passport Service said: "Don"t run the risk of missing out on your summer holiday - check you have a valid passport now. And check before booking your travel."

With Permission from Travelmole.
Thanks Glynis :tup

I sent off the boys applications just over a week ago...and it should be a renewal...(hopefully)...we aren't traveling till 6th September so should be plenty of time...though the sooner they come the better cos I need to get the ESTA's done!!!

Katy xx :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.