General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hi sanji....do you know I never gave running out of pages to stamp a thought untill your post....I thought unless passport was lost or damaged it was OK for 10yrs....so thats something new Ive learnt today....not that there's any chance of me running out of pages....Ive had 3 passports and as far as I know never had a stamp in any of them....but must have a look when I get a chance...tweetie
I think it's absolutely scandalous to charge an extra £83-86 for a renewal passport, just because they are posting the application forms/documents from Hong Kong, and it then goes through the 'normal' procedure of being processed as mine did a few months ago.

There is no way they can justify charging that amount when you consider that recently I sent a parcel containing a man's suit, insured for £500, tracked , priority service and signed for via the Post Office/Parcel Force for £80, posted on Thursday afternoon in Yorkshire and he was wearing the suit 4 days later on Monday night!.so, it doesn't cost nearly £20 to send an envelope, even if it is insured, tracked and signed for, on every stage back to Hong Kong.

Sanji
just got back from spain and was half way home when i realised i had left my passport behind reception in my hotel :duh
got to Dover and explained what had happened and that i could phone the hotel, and a friend, and get my passport back straight away. no chance!!!!
you have to fill in a form and then they cancel your passport. it was more complicated because i did not have any photo ID, like a drivers licence, and so i had to kick my heels for 30 minutes while they checked me out. i don't think all the rest of the passengers on the coach were best impressed, although the smokers were happy :tup

i am due to go back to spain next month, fortunately not booked yet, and i now have to buy a new passport before i can book that.

so just a word of advice, besides remembering to pick up your passport from reception ;) , having any government recognised form of photo ID will speed up the whole process at immigration if you end up in this situation.
What a nightmare Jim. :duh

Something similar to this happened to us in Minorca years ago. My hubbie left them all on a little table in the apartment we were staying in & only realised when we were on the coach halfway to the airport.

The rep organised for him to get off the coach & cab back to the apartments to get them, while me and the kids carried on to the airport.

I always used to curse the three hour window that tour operators used to give between picking you up & your flight departing, but on this occassion we were extremelly grateful to have so much time to play with.

Doe :sun2
Hi
I wonder if any one can help me I'm going to Cancun Mexico in 4 weeks and the dog ate my partners passport this weekend I have got an appointment at the Liverpool office on Wednesday to get fast track 1 week for a damaged passport.
What do I need to take?

How reliable is this service

Thanks in advance

Chloe
Welcome Chloe .... have a browse through this page for info on replacing a lost or damaged passport:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Passports/Loststolenordamagedpassports/DG_174163

David :wave
Thank you I now have everything I need

Form filled in

2 piccys countersigned

Birth certificate

£129 ): that will teach me not to leave stuff lying around
2 weeks tomorrow since I posted the baby's passport application. I haven't heard back from them so I am really hoping that they have accepted the picture and are processing the application. We go in just over 3 weeks so I pray to god we'll get it back soon.
I don't know enough on this subject Marlou, but I'm wondering if someone on here knows of a phone number you can ring to check?
Telephone number for enquiries is 0300 222 0000.
Thanks for the info guys :tup

The passport has just arrived :) :)
That's good, something else to cross off the Worry & Panic list. :tup
David :wave
Indeed David . I can start looking forward to it now :D :sun2
The baby's passport arrived yesterday, but only now I've realized that they haven't returned her birth certificate. Anybody know if they usually send it back seperately, or have they just overlooked it :que Thanks.
For security reasons any documents are returned separately. They are usually returned by 2nd class post, so may take a few days.
Thanks for the reply. It just arrived in the post :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.