General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Our daughters online renewal application did not receive a response so after 12 days she applied again.
Today 3 pre printed applications arrived all in individual envelopes. I expect there will be more on Monday !
My son in law had 3 sent to him.. :que
annx
I really hope this isn't a daft question so please don't laugh :really I'm just considering a passport for my daughter who is 3 months old. Now I'm just wondering how on earth am I supposed to get a pic of her in one of those photo booths :que :rofl
Hi Marlou ... do you have a local branch of Timpson ? They are more commonly known for key cutting and shoe repairs, but some of their branches do ID photography and have staff trained to passport standards:
http://www.timpson.co.uk/services/24/photo-id

David :wave
Max Spielmann also do passport photos for babies.
Most cameras shops are used to taking baby photos and you should get one that meets the passport specification
We used to have a Timpsons but i'm sure it's closed down. Denny never heard of Max Spielman.
Thanks for the replies guys.
Or you could kneel in the booth and hold her up :rofl
minione wrote:
Or you could kneel in the booth and hold her up
I think i'll get hubby to do it :rofl
As I understand it, a child's passport has to be renewed every 5 years but just out of interest is that the same for babies? A child of say 4 1/2 will look nothing like the photo of itself when they were a few weeks or even a few months old.
As I understand it, a child's passport has to be renewed every 5 years but just out of interest is that the same for babies? A child of say 4 1/2 will look nothing like the photo of itself when they were a few weeks or even a few months old.

Hi Shirley ... yes, child passports are issued from new born to aged 16 and are valid for 5 years.

Myah has just had hers renewed she is 8 weeks old on the passport and now although only 5 she is a lanky lass the size of a normal 7/8 year old

brian
Thanks guys. Brian I love the name Myah :tup
my observation page on my new passport has i second non laminated picture of me and it has been smudged by me spilling something on it but the laminaated pictre is still perfectly fine. im flying to spain in a fw days time and new york the folowing month will this pose a problem? :/ im 19 male english if that adds any extra help :p
Welcome wywy66 ... I think it would be very difficult for anyone to advise you, without actually seeing the passport.

The IPS states that you don't need to report a damaged passport. But if your passport is damaged beyond reasonable wear and tear or if it gives the impression that it might have been tampered with, some airlines may not let you travel. For that reason, the IPS recommends that you apply for a replacement passport as soon as possible. They would issue a replacement once they have established your identity and satisfied themselves that the damage is not due to any deliberate or illegal tampering.

But time would most definitely not be on your side for that to happen. The premium 1 day service cannot be used to replace damaged passports. What I would try and do in your position, if at all possible, is take an urgent trip to your local airport and try and seek the opinion of airline and security staff there about the extent of the damage and whether or not it is likely to pose any problems when you travel.

I think I would be more concerned about the US trip than the Spanish one, but at least you have a bit more time there should you need a replacement.

How long on average does it take to get your passport back. I'm wanting to book a holiday going on 5th June, but only tomorrow i'm going to go about getting a passport for my daughter. Am I playing with fire considering booking this holiday, or will the passport be long back by then :think Thanks.
Hi Marlou ... the IPS currently advises 3 weeks for postal applications. You can apply online via this link, and the completed form will be sent to you for signature:
https://passports.ips.gov.uk/epa1r1a/index.aspx?c=1

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.