Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
lou we stayed at the holiday village in benalmadena a few weeks ago and loved it, did you see any weddings whilst you were on holiday in cuba? did they look well organised etc, what time of year are you booked for next year?
Hi Michelle

We did not see any weddings because we were on trips. but we did know of two couples who got married there. Both sets said it was lovely and they felt that the staff could not do enough for them. One bride was in a beautiful "traditional" wedding dress and the other was more casual in a full length white dress and the groom wore a white linen suit. Both were beautiful and neither looked out of place. One couple were married in the "chapel" near the beach and other were married right on the beach. They had their receptions in the Romantica. I think they said you have to be in Cuba for about 5 days before you can get married so both weddings took place in the second week of the holiday. Both my husband and I said that if we had to do it all again we would definitely chose to come to the Playa Pesquero to get married.

If you liked the Holiday Village I am sure you would love the Playa Pesquero. It is nowhere as busy as the Holiday Village but is about 3 times the size. There are loads of different places to eat, the variety of food is great (anything from Pizza to Lobster) and the staff make everyone feel welcome. The beach is like something out of a bounty advert!

We flew with First Choice/Eclipse and the flight was great. The transfer to the airport is quick but on the way back we did meet the queues at check in and departure tax but it was not too bad. Next year we will book the VIP lounge on the way back. We are flying out on 1st July for 2 weeks and it can't come soon enough.

Lou :lol:
thanks lou, youv've sold it to me, we want to get married on the beach with all of us wearing white including my dp and my little man, think the photos will look great if the beach is like you say "something out of a bounty advert", its be a dream come true. Cannot wait now for first choice to get their winter 07 brochure out so that I can book it (31st aug) thanks for you comments.
Hi Michelle

If you do decide to book I hope will not be disappointed. If First Choice can't tell you if you can definitely have your wedding on the beach, you could always try emailing the hotel jefe.ventas@ppesquero.tur.cu

There are some pictures of the beach on this forum in the Carribbean photos section. There are also some on the Trip Advisor website.

Bearing in mind that we were there in July, the hotel was not as busy as it might be later on in the year. Perhaps someone who has been there in the winter would be able to confirm this. I know when we were there they said the hotel was 56% full.

Good luck.

:D hi,

my wife and i have just got back from an amazing fortnight at the playa pesquero .

for anyone thinking of booking this hotel my advice is just do it.

i will post a full report on the hotel reviews before the end of the w/end.

have to go now as my dearest wants a hand to un - pack!

Eifion. :wave
Hi Eifion

Glad to hear you both had a great time and look forward to reading your review.

Hi Lou,

the most amazing place, we have done some wonderful holidays and this probably tops it.
:wave Eifion.
Knew you would just love the place Eifon - it is truly amazing isn't it
superb place , just wish i'd wake up and i'd be there again!
Hi Eifion :D :D

Glad to hear you had a nice time at the Playa Pesquero - we (family of 4) are booked to go there in April 2007 and we can't wait!! Just a few questions for you -

i) Are cocktails available on all-inclusive?
ii) Did you swim with dolphins; if so, do you have any tips as this is what we are planning to do? :D
iii) Are tips expected?

With many thanks for your help.

Ream x :wink:
Ream

All cocktails are included and believe me the list is EXTENSIVE :lol: :wink:

I can recommend the dolphn trip, only about ten mins or so from the Hotel by coach you will be taken by boat out to a lagoon to swim with the dolhins there is then a Dolphin show and also included when we went was a sea lion show where kids paid a small fee to go up and be kissed by this huge Sea Lion, it was good fun for the children, well all ages really - I wanted a go but hubby wouldn't let me :D :D .

Tips are not expected but are appreciated very much. We tended to tip the maid and our waitress with more personal things like make-up, hairslides, childrens clothes, writing materials for their kiddies etc etc. They are hard to get hold of there and very much appreciated. We also left a money tip on our last day. We would also save our cans of coke and beers from the mini fridge in the room and give them out to the gardeners on the way to the beach - the guys work so hard keeping the grounds looking so good and it is thirsty work :lol:
javascript:emoticon(':D')Hi Ream,

Blueheather has described the p.p. perfectly to you, we did not do the dolphin trip but if you want any info regarding the holguin tour or havanna overnight then send me a p.m. if you wish and i'll give you all the details.

honestly i sincerely beleive that you will be hard pressed to better the playa pesquero for a superb holiday.

good luck.
Very Happy :wave :wave
Eifion.
BlueHeather/Eifion :D

Thank you so much for the info - it sounds as though we have made a good choice with this Hotel. We can't wait - I only hope 14 days' stay there will be enough!!

Thanks again

Ream :D xx
:D Hi Ream,

you certainly have made the right choice, if you can mannage to swing an extra week or two do it. we just wish that we were still there.

lucky you with that to look forward to.

if you want any more info re any thing dont hesitate to ask, as speking to you via this site is perking me up no end. :wave

Eifion.
one more week until I can book this hotel for our wedding, one question what was the correct flight times, ive been told 9 hours 10 hours and even 11 hours, and then someone at work said it only took 8 hour, is it a horrid journey as it will be our first time long haul with a 3 yr old im kinda dreading it already, he has travelled lots on european flights but never for this long. Im so excited ive already brought my girls bridesmaid dresses lol :hyper
:D Hi Michelle

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding :D This is our first long haul flight too and I've been told it is 11 hours :shock:, but I'm sure Eifion or Blue Heather will know exactly how long it takes. I''m also dreading it and I'm sure my 7 year old will be more of a pain than your 3 year old :!: :lol:

Love Ream x
The first Choice planes are fine. Quite comfortable. Fair amount of room. I have done the Cuba and Domincan Flights and couldn't tell you how long they took as time flew!
Plenty of flight info HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
Hi Michelle,

sorry for delay in responding had a meeting last night to finalise the planning of next years holiday!

the flight from gatwick to holguin took us 9 1/4 hrs. out and
8 3/4 hours on the return.

mind you this time should pass quite quickly with 3 movies and continual music some foood and refreshments and it will be time to prepare for touch down in paradise!

good luck for the wedding.

Eifion. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.