Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
Hi,

The only dress code is long trousers for men in the a la carte restaurants, so your son should be ok.

That does sound expensive, we paid £2200 for 2 adults and 1 child, our friends with 2 children only paid £3400 last June.

Have not been to Cuba in August before, but the Weather should be ok.
Hi Nicky

It may be so much as we need two rooms and they charge for 4 adults?

Who did your friends book with?

lisa
Hi Lisa,

We booked with Thomas Cook, our friend also had two rooms they paid adult for their 13yr old and child for the 9yr old.
Hi any one got any tips we have just booked to go hotel playa pesquero next mon 17th April 06. only booked yesterday so am all over place been looking on here for while love all your comments. We are traveling from london flying with thomas cook. told pick visa up at airport has anyone else done this and what is procedure for filling in correctly?

Kids wanna know if seats have dvd screen in also can you take nintendo ds? not sure.

What is weather like in evening will we need light jackets or sweat tops? Anyone got the room nos for best one to stay in.

Nothing like being prepared!!!

Thanks to you if you reply really aprreicate it xx
Sofia :roll: :wink: :D :lol:
Hi, welcome to HT! :wave

You'll find lots of flight info HERE, the flights forum is full of experts!

Pippy :D
We have reviews for the hotel HERE and you can read visa info HERE.

I was going to book this hotel today...but there is a slight problem and i don't know what to do. I am going on my own with my two children. The bedrooms have two double beds whereas I need a double and two singles...I don't know what to do. Also where is the best place to swim with dolphins. I would like to make my 40th really memorable.
Me and my boyfriend are thinking of going to Playa Pesquero in June 2007 for our honeymoon. Could anyone tell me their views on this resort ie weather, excursions and if its a good place to go for a honeymoon etc. I have heard that it's the start of the rainy season and I'm worried that it may ruin our holiday. We just want to know we will have a good honeymoon quiet but lively if we want it to be.

Thank you

Louise
Hi we are going to hotel playa pesquero in july , heard mozzies are a problem !!!! . do you need a mozzie net for bed , they do like me, have tried diffirent brand repellants , all about the same , anyone know of a full proof one?,
Also a friend has told me that july is the rainy season ,is that true? And as comfort is paramount ,as there are no cusions on the loungers can you buy a lilo to put on them out there , dont care if that sounds sad I do like my comfort !!!!!!!!
Please be kind enog to get back to me !!!!
Oh yeah one last thing what jabs do we need its a bit last minute , so do we need to bother ???
Big thanks
Nettyxxx :? :? :?
Hi Netty

You'll find weather info HERE and HERE, and vaccination advice HERE :wink:

For discussion regarding specific mozzie products, please post in the existing topic HERE.

Thanks.

Hi there - we are going to the PP on 15th July, flying from Manchester. The holiday's paid, the suitcases are filling up, I've emailed the hotel to request a first floor room and the vaccinations have been had. I'm a bit worried about the mossies and hurricanes, but after reading the reviews I think the hotel will more than make up for it. The children are so excited now that the injections are out of the way.

Any tips on clothing, what to take or anything else would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Lou :lol:
hi lou,

hope you have a lovely time at the p.p. , reading your post has started to make me exited to, as my wife and i go there on 1st august so just a few more sleeps than you before we get to relax and enjoy at cuba.

have you booked to go to havanna at all?

we hope to go there for a night or two but havent booked yet we are waiting to see what options are available when we get there.

Eifion.

**Edit please do not post in bold as per the rules of posting - Kath HT Admin**
Hi Eifion

We have not booked for Havana because we have the children with us and I thought it would be too much travelling for them. We hope to "do" the dolphins, visit Holguin and maybe get to Santiago. We won't home in Scotland until 2nd August so you won't be able to read our report, however I am sure there will be some written before then.

I am looking forward to going and hope the weather improves!

Hi lou
Myself,My wife & daughter(10) fly out to the PP on the 15th July(Our wedding anniversary).Really looking forward to it now.one of our friends has just come back and said its out of this world,the staff cant do enough for you,the food is great and the drinks free flowing.and the accomodation faultless.....Not long now. :smokin
Hi Calv - our two children are 11 and almost 9 and are now getting really excited. I imagine that the flight on the 15th of July is full and most of the passengers have visited this website! The vaccinations have been done, the tickets have arrived and the passports have been checked and school's out on Friday. Just got to think about packing now - let the countdown begin!

You will love the Playa Pesquero, we went last Nov and had the time of our lives - just remember to go with the flow you are on Caribbean time.
Hi Huskypup

If you haven't already done so, I'd be really grateful if you'd post a review HERE.

Many thanks :wink: :tup

This is probably mentioned somewhere on the site but I can't find it. Can anyone who has been to Cuba (or especially the Playa Pesquero) tell me what type of sockets they have in the rooms. I have one of those world wide adaptors and there is a strange one with very 2 slim pointed metal prongs and I wondered if this is what you use (it's for my hairdrier and daughter's straighteners).

Now that I have read this post it seems really trivial but it is important to us :roll: Any info gratefully received.

Thanks

PS 13 days and counting!
Hi All

Well I am being brave and I am off to Cuba, Playa Pesquero with my two children on the 26th July. It is my 40th Birthday on the 1st August so I am going to go swimming with Dolphins with the children and have a nice birthday dinner at the hotel in the evening.

I'm rather nervous about the 10 hour flight with two children...but i'm sure we will all survive!!! Any tips???
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.