Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
PLISKA HOTEL
11 Posts
It's the Hotel PLISKA!

There's a bit about it on the internet HERE and HERE.
It's a 2*, but overall the reviews suggest it's cheap and cheerful. Bear in mind that people have different expectations of hotels. We've been in very good ones, but on reading reviews later have wondered if they have been about the same hotels.

Peter
Thanks Peter

I have corrected my spelling now....Thanks for the links it seems ok ....to be honest I will be spending very little time in the hotel anyway so as long as its safe , central and basic it suits my needs. It is the cheapest i can find in GS right now by a long way.

Looking forward to another week singing in Muppets and dancing in Bonkers.

pat
Hi Pat, Can you get your costings down to below £150 for week, B/B, Flight and transfers. Tonyt.
yup
My last trip was to yavor in June £104 for flight, £35 for hotel, £20 transfers....which was a bargain cos the yavor is quite a nice hotel .

This time.....

BA flights £59 on offer right now
Hotel Pliska £49 7 nights b and b single room
Transfer ....I have a bulgarian guys mobile number who will do my transfers for 30 lev each way though i will probalbly give hive a little more so say £30

TOTAL £138......

pat
Hi Pat, I stayed in the Pliska last year, it is safe but I would never stay in it again, no air conditioning, go B&B as the food is not up to much but as usual the food you can buy is good but the buffet food is well lets just say it was not to my or my families taste.

The pool area is great the bar staff are very friendly & are the same staff this year I paid them a visit when going to Aquapolis.

I heard you can have the air conditioning now for 6 leva a night.

I know people that go to this Hotel every year they love it, so untill you go yourself you'll never really know.

You'll probably have read about Prostitutes using this hotel when we stayed in July 2005 we never saw any ladies of the night in the hotel.

We are leaving our booking for next year to Bulgaria till the last minute as you seem to get a better deal & less hassle (Balkan Holidays).

all the best I hope this helps Stephen :D
Thanks for your help.......Havent booked this hotel yet but have booked flights, I could pay a little more I suppose and get a nicer hotel....

I am not too worried about the food as I eat out, just really need a place to get my head down when the drinking stops.......it does seem to be handily located for the bars and clubs on party street which suits me. Not too worried about the hookers, once youve said no a few time they give up and leave you alone...pat
The wife hated the place, we were in the Yavor Hotel this year & would not go back their either, next year it'll be back to the Perunika or the Aphrodita.

all the best Stephen
I liked the Yavor Steve......but then I paid £5 a night Band B there so couldnt complain.....Still I found it to be a nice quiet hotel in a decent location. I am just going to look up the 2 hotels you do like for availablity now....

pat
In the Balkan brochure I note that the Pliska is a 3*. The Aphrodita and Perunika have higher ratings.
It all depends upon what you want versus your budget.

Peter
Finally decided to book this hotel for 8 nights from 5th Sept.....looking forward to my second stay in GS

I will post a reveiw when I get back.....

pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.