Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi synchro2,

Welcome to the board!

The Borika and VISA ATM locators shows ATMs in Hotels Astera, Shipka & Admiral, Restaurant Sindbad, the Information Centre, Tourist Centre Red Crab and the Raiffeisen Bank branch.

The Mastercard locator adds Hotel Hermitage (2, DSK Bank & Allianz), Vaneo shop, and DSK branch at the Sirena.

Baldur
thanks baldur any information on tobacco shops thanks
If I remember correctly, there is a one just up from the Perunika, opposite Big Ben fish & chips on the main party street.

:sun2 Toonman
big bens isnt there any more but the place to my tobacco is,
Cigarette price rises, as of April 1st (when excise stickers at the old rate expired) are reported to have resulted in 'black market' dealings in Dobrich - where street vendors, ostensibly selling socks, are offering cartons at the old price 'under the counter'.

Some local brand prices quoted after the increase are:

Victory (up 1 лв.) 4.60 лв.
Sredets (up 1.20 лв.) 4.40 лв.
Eva Slims (up 1.20 лв.) to 4.50 лв.
MM (up 1.20 лв.) 4.60 лв.
Marlboro (up 0.80 лв.) 5 лв.
Viceroy (up 1.30 лв.) 4.30 лв.
Karelia Slims (up 1.20 лв.) 4.70 лв.
thanks toonman i think my decisions made and i will probably go to golden sands.
on another subject what do you do about tipping.the first restaurant i went to in sunny beach last year i didn't tip i got such a dirty luck i felt obliged to tip everywhere else after that which obviously gets expensive after 2 weeks also you never have change for the toilets which is another moan for another time
There is no 'tipping culture' in Bulgaria, in general it's a phenomenon found mainly in the resorts - a Bulgarian being served an 80 Stotinki coffee at a village or city bar or cafe would ensure that, if he or she had paid with a Lev coin, the 20 Stotinki change was forthcoming from the waiter/waitress.

If service is good, I tip, if not I don't.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.