Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Great report, Jim - thanks.

I was in GS at the same time as you and had a couple of sleeps in the Pliska while sorting out 'Baldur Towers' after the very cold winter (as a last-minute fortnight's B&B package there was cheaper than flight only) & had a short wander around the resort.

The Pliska was very quiet and the lack of business in GS was replicated in Albena, if not more so, as per Tonyt's report.

My two Nationwide Debit Cards also served me well.

It will be at least 2013/2014 before Bulgaria can adopt the Euro, they have not even been admitted to the ERM II 'two year waiting room' (for those countries which hope to adopt the Euro as their national currency) yet.
thanks monaco @ Balder for the update on G/S cant wait four weeks still till we go back looking forward to it :cheers :cheers June
june52, what with monaco being there and lal going on Friday this week, your hopes of a drink are diminishing fast. Tonyt
Hi Monaco,
Thanks for the report. I am off in aug to the pliska sounds like GS has not changed much still a good resort. The report on the pliska by baldur was spot on. I found the hotel brilliant last year and hope for more of the same this year.Are you planning any more hols to BG this year Monaco?. Glad you had a good time.

Cornish lad.
It looks that way Tont so will just have to have one for them when i am there :cheers Just to see our frienda again will be great June
june52 wrote:
It looks that way Tont so will just have to have one for them when i am there :cheers Just to see our frienda again will be great June

My fridge is always full, if GS runs out of drinks, June - the prices are also less than a quarter of those in the resort. :glynis
Baldur
Thanks Baldur will keep that in mind . :cheers :cheers Cant wait for 10 July to come :tongue :tongue June
june52 wrote:
Thanks Baldur will keep that in mind . :cheers :cheers Cant wait for 10 July to come :tongue :tongue June

Hope you & Gerry have a great time ....it will be strange not going to GS & Varna this year after 8 straight years ....but costs & no direct Scotland - Varna flights have put paid to our Bulgarian adventures for now ...still the only place we have been to more than once.

By the way June ...Nataly(Perunika) & Vasco(Chernomorets & zaliva sv konstantin) are doing well in Kilmarnock Nataly is an english student & works in a local petrol filling station & Vasco is a self employed window cleaner, both stay at my mothers house & all is going well althought Vasco misses his daughter Danii & Nataly her mum & Nicole her Chow Chow dog .

all the best Stevie
Hi Stephen will miss you all this year as we had a great holiday last year :( :( We are going back to the Shipka so no change there Give every one my best wishes Tell Nataly and Vascoe we send our love and if every in Eye mouth all of yous come in for a bite to eat and a chat June : :tup
Balkan Holidays
prices the same as last year spirits 3.59 E
mixer 2.50E
ciggerettes £25

transfers are taking over 1hr now
very few eating on the plane

GOLDEN SANDS
IRISH BAR ON THE BEACH NOW A WONDERBAR
STILL PLENTY BOGOF OFFERS
COCKTAILS BOGOF 6.50- 9LEVA
HURRY RAMSDENS
STILL PACKED AND STILL GOOD VALUE, JERRYS STILL THERE
IVANS GOOD VALUE, TEDDI AND NIKKI AND NIKKI STILL THERE
PRICES DOWN ON LAST YEAR ABOUT 20%
TRIPS
ROMANIA 180L
BALCHIK 30L
HOTELS STILL TOURIST NUMBERS DOW, NOW MAINLY ROMANIANS GERMAN RUSSIANS GERMANS POLISH AND SCANDINAVIANS
MUPPETS VERY BUSY MAINLY YOUNG GERMANS AND DANISH

THE RIVIERA BEACH COMPEX

THE NYMPHA

AS ALWAYS FOOD AND DRINK EXCELLENT AND PLENTIFUL, WE WERE JOINED BY FRIENDS OLD AND NEW, ONLY DRAW BACK IS THAT DREADED GATE STILL BEING SHUT, SO ITS NOW A 20MIUTE WALK INTO THE RESORT, VISITORSSEEM TO BE DOWN ON LAST YEAR
, SUNBEDS PARASOLS AND PEDALOES ARE STILL FREE, STAFF AS ALWAYS VERY HELPFUL ESPECIALLY vASILENE THE BARMAN

WEATHER
3DAYS OF RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS BUT VERY HUMID

VARNA

THE NEW MALLS ARE AMAZING QUITE EXPENSIVE THOUGH

VARNA HOP ON AND OFF BUS NOW RUNS FROM THE RESORT

EXCHANGE RATE
2.15-2.33
PEOPLE STILL ARE FALLING FOR THE SCAM AT THE KIOSKS.

CIGERETTE ALLOWENCE
THERES STILL CONUSION ABOUT THE ALLOWANCE OF CIGGERETTES YOU CAN BRING BACK

with great sadness weve had to book the Arabella for 2011 as the gate at the Nympha will reman closed
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.