Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
not bothering at all with Egyptian, we just tipped in pounds and paid pounds in shops at hotel. At end of holiday we did change pounds for notes for the staff as they can't change them in banks. We could not snorkel in December the shark attack was the day before we went. Read now our hotel has 20 metres by 3 metres snorkelling area. Have they netted it off anyone know. Thats the Reef asis Blue Bay Sharm
You have just reminded me bejay, I need to dig out my snorkel and check it's not leaking :tup

Hmmm tipping wise, some say they prefer their own currency others say they are happy with our currency, I'll think more about this next week when we are there :cheers
I always tip in LE or $ otherwise they chase you around looking to change into notes. I came back laden down with £20 in £1 coins last year :( Although the pester a lot to go into shops etc, i feel they don't like pestering to change the money, they want to spend it not wait yonks for some British person to change it.
Good point is that Derwentrocker :tup

I think we will change some StErling at the Airport when we arrive :cheers

BBilly
31 october - back to the Sunrise Tirana for the 3rd time, had a great time in June and cant wait to go back. 5 weeks to go!! :sun2
holiday village red sea 13th oct for 2 weeks cant wait :D
off to st georges resort in sharm nov the 10th for 2weeks cant wait relaxing time here we come tammie
any one else goin there on same date?
:wave:

My bf and i are jetting from bhx on sunday for 2 weeks at the sonesta bach resort. Our 3rd visit to egypt and first time at this hotel.

cant wait so excited.

:cheers
boom...booked it today...arriving in Hurghada on 16th December for a week's diving on a liveaboard MY Blue Melody courtesy of Blue O2/Regaldive.. :D
Going on the 21st of November for 3 weeks to Hurghada wont be long nowwwwwwww colleen :cheers :sun2
Just booked a late deal in Luxor, Sonesta St George 27th Nov :cheers
annx
5th december to jaz mirabel beach . shoulod we be worrying about the new troubles yet.
Probably not, just don't prebook any day trips to Cairo, Luxor etc wait till you get there and see what the current situation is.
I flew back to Europe from Cairo on Monday and like anywhere else where there are protests life goes on normally just a few streets away from the demonstrations. Though I wouldn't advise anyone to book a trip to Cairo over the next few months as the situation is very volatile I certainly wouldn't cancel a trip to the beach resorts . The Eygptian tourist business is really suffering at the moment, numbers of visitors are substantially down and workers are losing their jobs. At many places I was thanked personally for visiting the country at a time when many tourists are staying away.
Hope Luxor will have no problems :que going next week
annx
No problems but Luxor was very quiet,really feel sorry for them with not many
tourists,our hotel Sonesta st George was quite full lots of American tourists.
but others very quiet.
the hotel was first class :tup
annx
Welcome back Ann, glad you had a good time. :) It's a shame for them over there with the lack of tourists, we came back from Sharm a few weeks ago and it is a similar story there. Probably a bit better than it was in April and we were in a brit dominated hotel which is pretty popular, but I think they are still struggling.

Doe :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.