Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I have never paid for mine either, went back a year later and got a booster for the next ten years..
Can anyone tell me if the innoculations for Sharm are compulsery, my DH is adament he isnt having any, if he has to then we will all miss out and also i dont think my stepson would be keep on having them either, i would have them although still not keen, and would make my 8 year old also had them.
thanks
Michelle
No vaccinations for any country are mandatory, they are all just "recommended". However, check your insurance policy as it may be invalidated if you do not have the recommended vaccinations and then try to claim for any illness you may contract.

luci :wave
thankyou for that, checked our policy and it doesnt cover illnesses due to not being innoculated.
So DH and stepson not happy, looks like we wont be going, and i so wanted to go to the aqua blu resort :(
the injections are not compulsory but are recomended once you have them you wont need them again for a good few years we were not going to have ours but decided to in the end even the kids everyone was fine there is no charge for them better to be safe than sorry x ps the aqua blue is brill was there in may xx
there is no charge for them better to be safe than sorry

Some doctors practices may charge you the price of the prescription, check with your GP.
Well most of us have had our jabs, the hepA/typhoid in one injection and i needed a tetanus booster, DH and stepson still not had theirs, stepson 'thinking' about it, i will keep nagging, Aqua Blu here we come :)
:yikes I went to Egypt a few years ago, didn't realise you needed jabs...
they recomend them but they are not essential but better to be safe than sorry knowing me if i did not have mine i would of caught everything going xx
Hello everyone.

I'm going Aqua blu - Sharm El-Sheikh in June :) Was just wonderin what Jabs i would need? Last Jab i had was TB & not up to date with others cause never been told about them. Will be my first holiday so hoping someone could help.
Had mine a couple of weeks ago. I had to have Typhoid and Hepatitus A, also a tetnus as it had been over ten years since my last one, though do check with your GP .
Your best bet would be to phone your surgery and tell them where you are going.This is what we did when we went to Mexico. I would imagine that you'd need the Typhoid and Hepatitis jab. Some jabs are neccessary and some are recommended.
This NHS Scotland website gives excellent and up to date advice http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/home.aspx
phoned my gp today £20 admin charge per person and whatever else you need on top is extra (what a joke). :cry:
Hi I have not had any injections as i was told we did not really need any its a bit late now as we go in a few days . Is this ok
There is no compulsory requirement for them however it is always best to error on the side of caution, again I recommend anybody travelling to any foreign destination check what they should have well in advance of travelling.

http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/home.aspx
Hi, i am going to taba heights in may, what jabs are recommended, when it comes to injections i am very sqeamish :( cheers tel.
Hepatitis A and typhoid, plus the triple that we need for the UK anyway - DTP which you probably have up to date. The first two last for years and years, I think they now say Hep A last for 20 years.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.