Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Virtually all of them, I suspect - most Bulgarians love their football, there will often be signs outside bars to show which matches they are showing and when.

Baldur
Thanks for the info!

Julie
hi julie we too are going to gs on 22nd june.where you flying from? :P
I am in Golden Sands right now ....many bars are showing the world cup...I would recommend the LION pub on bar street for world cup games they have a GIANT cinema screen , english commentry and there is a great atmosphere for world cup games...lots of singing and cheering...afterwoods they have live 3 girl singers on who are very good......large beer is 2.5 lev and soft drinks 1 lev. i had a meal in there before the england game BURGER AND CHIPS for 5 lev and it was very nice......

Hope this helps...

pat :D
Pat- HT's Bulgaria reporter! Great to hear from people who are out there! Just don't spend too much time here and not out in the sun! :D
Thanks for the info re "Lion" pub, will keep an eye out for that one!
I will be flying out from manchester at 6.25am on the 22nd June.Where are you flying from, and staying?

Julie
flying from birmingham,staying at hotel krystal 9 of us in total.where you staying? :P
im in golden sands now too and although the lion pub has the football on the comentary is out by 3 mins which is very frustrating. :bhead
Thanks for info re lion pub commentary!

Julie
Sorry I forgot to mention the time delay on the commentry in the Lion pub.....it does take a bit of getting used to!!.....pics are from bulgarian tv and are live.....commentry is coming from bbc 5 live with a long delay....so you see the goal and then 2 mins later it is commentated lol....

If you get chance go to MUPPETS karaoke....I left there 7 am this morning after 10 hours drinking and singing in there.....and I could still get my english fish and chips to eat on way back to hotel....

Last night of partying tonight.......plan to come back 1st week SEPT

pat :D
Not sure what theyve done but the commentry in LION PUB is now in time with the pictures....and I defy anyone to reccommend a better bar to watch the England games in at Golden Sands.......

Party on!!!!!

Back there meself in 8 weeks......

Pat
just back from golden sands. anyone visiting the lion pub should find the promoter 'Elvis' - as friendly a person we met on the holiday and if you get speaking to him he will be sure to keep you up to date on the weather and anything else going on in the area.
Hi all! I have been really worried if I would be able to find a nice place to watch the world cup in Albena but just received a word from Tonyt that the Caribi Sportsbar on the beach is a great place for that purpose. If anybody knows of other place of the sort, please let me know! I live in Germany and you can imagine the atmosphere here now, I just don't want to loose all that great mood while in Albena!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.