General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hair cut, coloured and high lighted one week before

Two days before wax bits

Night before paint toe nails

Day we go eye lash tint (This year only cos left it too late for the appontment otherwise would also be 2 days before)

Trish :)
i polish me head just before i leave :D
Joolz, more or less the same as you................don't we all. :lol: :lol:
this year only, due to the fact i'm one of these people who is sooo unorganised!! Going 3 weeks on Sunday!

1) Hair highlighted - one week ago (so four weeks before!)
2) Hair cut - tonight (3 weeks before)
3) Shave - the day before (can't do waxing, oh the pain haha!)
4) Eyebrows - the day before
5) Paint toenails and deal with fingernails (file, shape etc etc) - day before
6) Bubble bath, fully exfoliate, blah blah blah - night before!
I NEVER get my hair highlighted or cut just before I go, I always time it that it's still looking good in time for hols and then have the full works when I get home. Most hairdressers reccommed this due to the sun, sea, pool water affects on your hair which causes colours to fade and many a dry/split end :(

I used to fork out an absolute fortune for it all before I went only to have it not looking so hot on my return.

As for everything else, waxing 2 days before...gotta let it recover before hitting the beach :lol: Nails (natural) do them myself on my first day/evening once I get there...helps me relax and know I've arrived LOL
i'm alright with hair because my mate cuts it for nothing and i do the highlights myself for the cost of the Wella Highlighting kit, which is £4.17 in tesco, or something along those lines anyway! so it's cheap to do!
Geez that's very cheap.....mine sets me back £106 for cut and highlights :shock:
i polish me head just before i leave
:wink: same here Les :!:

Two days before wax bits
what bits are those Trish :!: :rofl
GoanMad Tony

Wouldn't you like to know :oops:

Trish
I exfoliate and moisturise and pamper my feet all year round so I ain't got much to do.
I get my hair cut a couple of weeks before, paint my toenails a couple of days before and then shave my legs and underarms the night before we leave. Don't have to worry about bikini line anymore - I've had laser hair removal - it's fab!!
Hee hee does anybody else put on fake tan on before they go? I'm doing a full Fake-Bake 2 days before!
I was wondering about getting a spray tan before I went but thought it might streak as soon as i go in the pool or sea???????

Any advise would be appreciated??
I get my hair done, my eyebrows trimmed and eyelashes dyed. Before I leave I shave my underarms and legs.

Roll on my holiday

Linda
nodocdoe - I've had St Tropez and Fake Bake spray tans and can say that they don't streak. Not sure about any others but your best bet is to ring and ask the salons opinion.
Thanks for that ollysmum,

Just I've heard tales of people going into the sea and coming out like a zebra :shock:
I have the new Garnier spray moisturiser/tan. BOGOF in lots of places just now incl. Superdrug, £6.99.

Hope I don't streak!!!!!!!
Well we go sunday and this is the plan:

4 days before - colour hair
2 days before - wax :x
1 day before - do eyebrows, nails
Morning before we go (don't leave til late afternoon) - Long bath, exfoliate, face mask, deep condition my hair.

:D
Couple of days before: Hair cut and eyelash tint.

Day before; fake tan (also do this on holiday, otherwise will come back paler than when I went :oops: )

Noticed that Garnier summerbody is half price in Boots £2.49 but would like to try Olay, as it done very well in the How to Look Good Naked poll. Has anybody tried it?
I was wondering about getting a spray tan before I went but thought it might streak as soon as i go in the pool or sea???????

I had a St Tropez a few years ago for a wedding. Although I was pleased with the immediate results I thought it faded dreadfully! I looked as though I had vitiligo (do a Google image search if you don't know what it is)! :shock: I'd never have it done before a holiday in case the same thing happened :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.