Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Have you looked at DIY through Globespan, (can always hire a car to pick up at Paphos) and contacting the Vangelis direct for rates?

When are you going?

Cheers,
Jinty
You can check out the reviews for the Vangelis HERE and the Tsokkos Beach HERE

Kath HT Admin
Do they fly from Glasgow? Certainly their website doesn't indicate they do. Their flights are with Cyprus Airways from Manchester. We flew with them last year and had no problem. We have had great difficulty trying to find decent prices for flights from Scotland to Larnaca. We are cheaper to fly to Manchester and then out to Larnaca without an overnight stay. Anyone would think we lived in the back of beyond not the oil capital of Europe :roll:
Hi shoestring

Have only flown with Eurocypria once, last October, but couldn't fault them. The flight was good, on time, nice attendants, etc. etc.

Stayed at the Vangelis once before, last year, nice place.

Kezza 8)
Have gone with Eurocypria from Glasgow several times - was part of a package deal through Olympic. Flights were fine- no complaints at all about the airline. Going to try Globespan this year for a DIY since they now do go from the oil capital of Europe - yipee!
cheers for the advice. big price difference (£400 more) for us to fly with thomson fly, rather than eurocyrpria, so think we would just go for the cypriots. :)
Try bmi/ba to Heathrow and then Cyprus Airways (the Schedule side of the business as opposed to the Eurocypria charter flights) to Larnaca.
I've found that the cheapest and more comfortable way to get there.
Flown with eurocypria lots of times from Manchester, Newcastle, Humberside and East Midlands, usually night flights but we dont mind, the food is not to my husbands taste but i think its ok and they are no worse than any other airline,
In fact you get peace on the flights you are not bombarded with flight attendants trying to flog you products, tea coffee and scratch cards the way you do on the charter flights from UK

I am now looking to book flights for my brother and his wife from Scotland and cannot beleive how expensive it is,

Which are the best airlines for flight only's Edinburgh preferable if not Glasgow .

Any recommendations?
Thanks
elizabeth
Definitely Globespan. We have booked:

29th May to 27th June, Glasgow to Paphos £336.56, price is for 2 adults.

You have to book fast tho, it has went up another £70 since 11th Feb......

Cheers,
Jinty
Hi Elizabeth,

What time of year are you hoping to go?
Just booked today for October - Edinburgh to Larnaca via Heathrow with bmi(seat sale on til Tuesday midnight) and Cyprus Airways. Daytime flights for a total of £245. Price is same from Glasgow. Did same last year and it was good. Prices look about £20 dearer in July. You also get a choice of food and seat back tv's. Good luck!
snowflake
Thanks
They are looking at June , I will take a look at BMI and CY airways, do you need an over night stop in London?

Jinty
I see you mention landing at Paphos does Globespan not fly to Larnaca?
No, thats why they are so cheap......

Having said that, we have came into Paphos with them twice already and found them to be first class.

We have also priced picking up a hire car when we arrive, taking it for 7 days, then returning it to Protaras. Cost is only £98.00 for a 5 door Corsa, to get a taxi from Pahpos would cost much the same if not more!

Cheers,
Jinty
Hi Jinty , We often drive from Paphos to Paralimni.

I thought my brother said he could get to Larnaca with globespan as we will pick them up and then when we leave they will use our car.
I will put him right on that before he books, we dont mind going to paphos to pick him up . I think he said the flight times we not good with globespan.
Elizabeth
Hi Elizabeth,

If you get your bmi flight about 9am it gets you to Heathrow about 12:30. That gives you plenty time to pick up luggage and check in with Cyprus Airways and fly at 2:45pm. This will get you into Larnaca at 9:10pm. Cyprus Airways also do an earlier and later flight but you can't get connections to fit in without an overnight stop.
On the way back you need to get the 5am flight and you can then pick up flights from 11am onwards at Heathrow up to Scotland.
Also try Travelocity.co.uk as they come out cheapest.....even cheaper than Cyprus Airways own page!!
Hi Elizabeth,

All depends on how much you want to pay re the flight times.......

Just looking at our tickets: we get in to Paphos 01.25am, suits me cos I'll have the roads to myself with most of the mad Cypriots tucked up in bed.

Coming back: leave Paphos at 02.15am, again thats fine with us as we can stay in the villa till the lask kick..... I discovered I like the early morning flights as all the 'little darlings' who kick hell out of the back of your seat, magically fall asleep. For some strange reason the same condition affects the 'toilet patrol', so all in all we have found them to be times that suit us just fine, thank you :)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jinty
Hi Snowflake thanks for the details i will pass it on to my brother. Sounds Ok to me, :)

Jinty.
We now like to fly on the dreaded night flights we usually leave from one of the airports near to us around 10.30 pm and leave Cyprus around 19.30 ish,

We have grown to like these flights and we just crash out on the sunbeds for the first day,

Even my daughter goes for these flights now the children are usually asleep before the plane takes off. :)

I remeber the days when it was so important to get a flight where you got up breakfast packed and off instead off hanging around hotels waiting for the tour bus to pick you up.

Now for us every precious minute counts so the later the departure from Cyprus the better for us.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.