Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Protaras 2011
12 Posts
Irene are you asking for sites to look for villas, villas? or areas which you might go ?

Most of Protaras is pretty near the beach and the bars to be honest, some of the villas are out on the top road a short walk away (depending on time of year depends how far it feels).
Sorry didn't make myself very clear...............
We are ok with the villa sites. More interested in the area.
We have visited Coral Bay (1st time) a bit too touristy for us but we still had a great time. Last year we stayed in Souni and loved the area - trying to find something for us all!!! Son is quite happy with a villa that is in a quiet location, would like to vist a few places while we were there hence the car but would be nice if we could eat out of an evening and not have to drive there - a big ask I know.
Doesn't have to be in Protaras - places around it would be fine but not Ayia Napa.
Thanks Irene
Hi Irene, I think the pernera area would be best for you as there are lots of restaurants within walking distance from most of the villas around that area. Most of them come under paralimni for location and you will be able to get to orphanides within 5-10 minutes by car for your veggie food!!!
Hi Lordy
Thanks for your reply. Will look at Pernera later, (off work at the moment with a fractured wrist).
Dates given to hubby are the first 2 weeks in August - Hoping it is not too late to book. Finding flights on a Sunday from Manchester are not good timings. :cry Last year we were able to fly mid week.
I was very impressed with Orphanides supermarket - shopped at the one in Limassol last year and youngest son who eats lots of veggie products was a happy chappy. :D
Owners Direct and Holiday Rentals seem to be the sites that have a good selection of villas in our budget.
Thanks again and will let you know how we get on.
Irene
Well I hope you get well soon Irene! We always leave it late to book up but then we always do package deals as the flights are never cheap from Newcastle and end up costing more than the package deal!! We may have to start using my mams friend's villa soon though which is further into paralimni as Caleb will be starting big school in September and I dont think we will be able to take him outside of the school holidays. My maternity leave runs out at the end of March so will see how money goes and if my job is still ok before we decide if it will be ok to go away in September/October. Fingers crossed.
lordy wrote:
Hi Irene, I think the pernera area would be best for you as there are lots of restaurants within walking distance from most of the villas around that area. Most of them come under paralimni for location and you will be able to get to orphanides within 5-10 minutes by car for your veggie food!!!

I agree about Pernera being a good place to eat out wasn't really looking when we were there for veggie menu's as I'm a certified carnivore but I did seen quite a few veggie options in most places.

We stayed at a hotel (Pernera Beach Hotel) which did have a good choice of food through the day and as the name suggests was on the beach but we did see quite a few villas for rent between Pernera and Protaras and Pernera and Paralimni although a lot were in small walled estates some were not near the beach
If I recall correctly Mojitos in Pernera is managed by a vegetarian British couple, and I've seen some glowing reports of the place.

Richie
Baggieboy wrote:
If I recall correctly Mojitos in Pernera is managed by a vegetarian British couple, and I've seen some glowing reports of the place.

I did comment last time we were in Mojitos that there was a good veggie selection

Also look at Cape Greko area. Great for snorkelling and not touristy. If you found Coral Bay too touristy then Protaras/Pernera will probably be too. Paralimni is a little inland and a working village so not touristy at all, but maybe a 5-10 minutes drive to the beach. Ditto Deryneia, Sotira etc.
Pubdog wrote:
Baggieboy wrote:
. If you found Coral Bay too touristy then Protaras/Pernera will probably be too. Paralimni is a little inland and a working village so not touristy at all, but maybe a 5-10 minutes drive to the beach. Ditto Deryneia, Sotira etc.

Yes and try to get to the nearest beach to Paralimni on a weekend day in summer we had the mis-fortune to return home on a Sunday and had a pick up at golden Bay or what ever the hotel is called it took the driver 20 minutes to get through
Eat a few times in Mojitos last year fab place, off to Penera in September 11th time yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I was suggesting perhaps Paralimni as an alternative to Greko Lensman.
The nearest beach to Paralimni is (depending on your route - I would be heading from Deryneia) either Barbecue, Firemans or Ayia Triada beach. They are easy to get to, even in the summer weekends as you don't go close enough to Pernera/Protaras to hit the traffic of all the locals heading for their beaches. That said, all the beaches do get busy at weekends in the summer ;)
And the traffic through Protaras on festival weekends is even worse.

[Edit to clarify what I was trying to say]
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.