Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I'd get back in touch with XL as it could be that they are saying you will be placed in a Protaras hotel. Ask them for the full name of the hotel as I can't find any info just for Protaras hotel.
:oops: Ooops - did I misunderstand? Sorry :oops:
I think they mean you will be allocated in another protaras hotel, in which case you wont possibly know until you get there unless you pay them extra money. This happened to my Mum in Ayia napa with XL.

I agree with Glynis, please ring them.

At least that way we will have more to go on if they give you an alternative.
Thanks for your replies,yes i phoned them and asked what the hotel they were offering me was called,they said its the Protaras hotel,i told them its not on their website or anywhere else for that matter.
Then they said they will try and find me some details on it!!
Have told them no i do not want b n b as i had booked an apartment as i said before i've got a 16 year old daughter who doesnt want to share a room with mum n dad.
Still waiting now while they try to come up with something,getting stressed as well :x
I have only paid a deposit so not sure if i can cancel.
Oh another thing they told me to google it...see if i can find it on there .
Karlee
Hi

I just rang XL and the lady i spoke to said there is no such hotel, and to ring them back, she said as i already mentioned that they are putting you in a 'protaras hotel' but at the moment they dont know which.

If you have paid a deposit, you can change, they may waive the fee basically because this ? hotel isn't your choice.
The Evelena might not come up to EU standards a lot of the older hotels are closed this year due to the EU rules and regs

i would not get stressed just yet as your original booking was for an apartment, dont cancell yet.

Last year Euorcypria changed my daughters flights as the evening one was cancelled, there was no way she could fly through the day as she had to work, she was getting stressed until i looked at Humberside and checked seats available and there was the airline transferred the tickets to the new airport free of charge as it was there fault. they were quite happy then

So just ask to speak to a supervisor state your facts and tell them you are contacting abta if you dont get named accomodation to the same standards or better that you originally payed for.

Keep us posted try not to get stressed i am sure they will sort it out its a big company.
Thanks again for your help and advice.
Contacted XL again this evening and they are now looking for an apartment for me,as i explained again to them that i do not want a hotel.
They are going to ring me in the morning with what accomodation they have found for me.
Fingers crossed i get something or its back to the drawing board,will let you know the outcome.
Thanks again.
Karlee
let us know what they have offered before you accept , tell them you need to discuss it with the others and you will get back to them.

We might be able to advise you about the apartments if they are OK
Yes please do as Elizabeth suggests.

Kath HT Admin
Hi, well after an anxious night...lol
XL have been in touch today and are offering us the Alva apartments in protaras,just had a quick look on holiday truths and they sound really nice good reviews and central to everywhere which is where we like to be.
They are also letting us have them at the same price as we paid for the other apartments.
So a big thumbs up for XL,cant wait to go now,its our first time to cyprus and we are really looking forward to it.
Thanks to all for your good advice.
Karlee
Hi Karlee,
I have booked for the Alva, going for 2 weeks from 23rd September 2007, this will be my 8th visit to Protaras. The Alva are in a great location. Last time i stayed in the Lantiana, just to the rear of the Alva, but they are coming out as a lot more expensive. It cost me £1078 for self catering with Thomson, which i didnt think was too bad. I know lots of friends who have stayed here, and they give them nothing but praise. I am glad you have got sorted and dont worry, you will be fine, enjoy.
Hi Karlee

I am sure you will have an excellent holiday , you can relax now. :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.