Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
PROTARAS
479 Posts
we are off to capo bay hotel 18 september 14nts getting married on the 28th sep, in total theres 20 off us (so far, and still counting)

cant wait for it never been there before, look out protaras the welsh mob are coming!!!!

courtney jade
Any good tips for going to cyprus with an infant. Apart from the usual cap, buggy , sunblock ?

Are nappies, milk and wipes easy to get hold of ?

Staying in the Kapetanios Bay Hotel. We have requested mini fridge so hopefully we will get one.
We have been going to Protaras for a fair few years now and on our last trip our little one was just over 6 month (last year), we took his own milk and nappies but ran out and there are lots of shops were you can buy nappies. The milk we get from the chemist which was the same but only named different (I forget the name). We used evian water to make his bottles and juice which is also readuly available although slightly more expensive.
Enjoy Protaras
Hi,hope someone can help does anyone know of any places in Protaras that do 0% commission on sterling travellers cheques?
We normally take cypriot travellers cheques but they don't do them anymore and I know we will probably lose out on the sterling ones but thats our only option.
Can't help with an exchange but we were advised by Marks and Spencers to take Euro travellers cheques as it saves on comission at this end buying them as you pay comission on Sterling ones .Remember everyone fron "Euroland" will be taking Euro cheques so maybe its not as daft as it seems at first.
Interested to see what others are advised!
Dot
can't wait now... 4 weeks an 2 days til we go back to protaras, then 4 weeks after we get back im goin 2 ayia napa - stayin at the napa plaza!!!

im literally countin down the hours!!! lol

lianne xxxx

p.s has anyone got an email address for the napa plaza as the one on their website won't work!!! thanks xxx
Where you staying in Protaras ?

Going the same time. cant wait either ,. woooooohooooooooo !!!
We came back from Protaras 2 weeks ago from our wedding/holiday.
We had never been to cyprus before and we loved Protaras, we stayed at Constantinos the Great and had a great time.

Im soooooo jealous, I wish I was going back this year :(

gail...................
Any one what any information about Protaras or other parts of Cyprus let me know I lived in Cyprus 4 Years and now go back every year for 16days

I stay in King Alkinoos or Alva Aps as there are so close to everything

I will be leaving for Cyprus on the 21st July not long now Yippeee
Hi Happyhel,

I am going to Protaras on 25/9 for 14 days, and staying at the Melini Apartments. I have heard that these are simple, and need a bit of updating, but that they are clean and the owners are very nice. Do you have any comments about these apts?

Also, in Protaras, do you get any creepy crawlies!

Fiona.
These Apts are lovely and its so close to everything

You get cockrochers but only if you are in a ground apartment but not a lot

We always stay high up so we do not get any, the most we have had are the baby lizards so cute not to worry

Have a great time
thanks for the info. I am sure i will have a great time. I have not heard any bad reports about Protaras.

What are the prices like? I wont be going to any clubs, just pubs/karaoke bars. We will be eating out a lot though. Any idea of how much we will need. I am going with my fiance.

Thanks again
For two people its not to expensive it all depends what you are eating

We go to restaurant 4 times out of 7 , then we usually go to the Loveboat

or the kebab house that is really cheap you can sit in the garden its near the Jungle pub and the family that run it are lovely and you can eat there for about 10pound for both of you (couple of Kebabs and few few large bottles of Keo lager) to go with it .

We are usually 3 and paid about 35-40 in the restaurant

but this year we will be only 2 , so I will update you when I come back
thank you, hope you have a fab time. Look forward to hearing from you when you come back.
Hi, me and my son are staying in protaras at the decosta bay. We know its on cliff and has a little bay area at the bottom, and thats all we know.
We fly on the 31st july and are very very excited :hyper. We have looked on every site that I could find to try and find anything with no luck. :roll:
Happyhel
By the "kebab house" do you mean "Delicious"?
I can vouch for that one too. Very nice, very cheap. And it stops open late too.

Ady
Hi Happyhel

Hope you can help me out. We have booked a studio at the Alva apts, I know the 1 bed apts have air-con, just wondering if the studios have. If not I'll just have to drink loads of beer to keep cool.

Cheers

Fazerhead :glynis
Hi,I am going to cyprus in 3weeks with my husband and 10year old daughter and we are really excited.My holidays for the last 10years have been in cornwall in a touring caravan so any info or advise on things to do,places to go much appreciated.
You will have a fab time. I stayed in Protarus, at the Polycarpia Hotel in May 2005 and had a wonderful time. Protarus is one of the nicest resorts on the Island giving you the best of both worlds - peace and quiet and fun and entertainment. Plus there is so much history on the Island you will definately want to return.

Have a fab time....i am really jealous. Just got back myself a few days ago and cant wait till next time.

Lindsey
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.