Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
PROTARAS
479 Posts
you would be a lucky lady if you were laid next to me :rofl :omg :twisted:
Im sure you would stand out like a sore thumb, maga, with your tartan speedos!! :rofl :rofl :shock: :wink:
We stayed in that hotel last week and had to put toilet paper in the bin.Have ypu stayed at thr Pernera Beach before?
We were in protaras and had the bins for loo roll, its amazing how quick you get used to it. There did seem to be a lot of diving schools around for all levels so you should find something. Have a great time because we did :pele and a big yuk :yuck to airing out the bum to dry :rofl
well just over a week to go untill i am sunning myself in protaras :D i cant wait. as for tartan spedos over any other kind of spedos they are sick :yuck and should be banned for every holiday reort in they world
Ha, ha! When we stayed in Protaras last year, the owner of the apartments used to come around the pool area sometimes.................... :shock: you guessed it, in his speedos! :omg
Used to strutt around the place, must have been thinking he looked the bees knees! Must have wondered why i was always giggling to myself when he came around the pool area :roll: :rofl :wink:
Please remember to stay in topic we already have one topic running on speedo's. :roll:
As mentioned in previous post I'm off to Cyprus in a week (sorry to rub it in :)) and will be heading down to Protaras to stay at Sunrise Beach now have stayed there before a few years back in July 2002..

The resort from what I've read on here and other sites seems to have undergone quite a bit of redevelopment and was just wondering what changes I'd notice and recommendations etc?

Thanks
Sorry Dave I dont think I saw your other posts, where are you staying in protaras. We was there the first two weeks in Aug this year, first time there.
Hi Dave, ive heard there has been a new Bowling Alley built in Protaras. Im sure its near to the Sunrise Beach Hotel aswell, where you are staying. When we went back last year, we couldnt believe all the ne developments taking place - im sure it will have changed again when we visit next July!! :shock: :)
thanks for the replies, staying at the sunrise beach.
You have picked a lovely Hotel there, Dave. :D Great location right in the middle of the "strip". You even have sunbeds allocated on arrival, so you dont have to rush down to the pool early every morning!! :P Protaras has lovely beaches, and plenty of good quality restaurants, good bars etc. Also try an area called Penera, 10-15 minute walk along a coastal path near your Hotel. Restaurants there are lovely............lovely resort in itself, but not as busy as Protaras strip. Im going back for the 3rd time next July, so you can see we love it!! :wink: :wave
HHHmmmm interesting... We are off to Napa for a quick week in Oct but will no doubt be visiting Protaras when we hire our jeep for the day. :)
Was in Protaras last Aug.. and I didn't see any sign of a bowling alley... We will go and check it out... as like mentioned above... sounds like it's changing all the time... We started goin to Protaras about 10 years ago so have seen lots of changes over the years..... for the better I must say... Just wish they'd kerb down on the kareokee bars...that's the only thing now that spoils it for me.... farrrrr toooo many of them... they need to get a couple of traditional cypriot tavernas back now.....
Jess...
Hi jessfm! :D The new Bowling alley apparantly opened 14th August. :wink: Its situates above a souvenir shop on the adjacent corner to the Bells Pub - it has 3 aisles. You will have to give it a whirl when you next go!! :wink: :yipee
There is a bowling alley there now. We never went in there but saw the signs. I think its near the pizza place and tattoo shop.
hi, Dave,

We got back from Cyprus 1 week ago, we stayed in Pernera, but went into Protaras. The weather was really hot, they are in the middle of a mini heatwave. lovely place, beaches are great. one tip, don't go to the love boat for a meal, food very average. There are plenty of other nice eateries and bars to choose from. :)
KAGS, when we was there last month they was in the middle of a mini heatwave then, starting to think its not so mini :lol:
It was the humidity that I found really bad,. :sun
I agree with you mum&bigson, sometimes it is too much. Best advice is to drink plenty of water, keep out of the midday :sun , and make sure, especially children, have some type of hat on - sunstroke can happen very easily :? We tend to go and have a drink and a snack at the hottest part of the day, so we get out of the sun..... :P
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.